C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X pipe: Corsa vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
SDLS1Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default X pipe: Corsa vs. Magnaflow

I am starting to lean towards a Corsa cat-back. I was thinking of installing an X pipe. Magnaflow looks like a better design as a true X pipe. While the Corsa crossover looks like two pipes with the side wall shaved off and welded together. Which one provides more performance? Also, can you mix a Magnaflow X-pipe with a corsa cat-back? Are the pipes the same size and flow well together. We want a nice smooth transition from flange to flange.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM
sailohio
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go with the Corsa if you are getting Corsa Catback. They would have the same finish and match wouldn't be at risk. They don't say you'll get performance advantages just from the X-pipe but it eliminates the popping sound when taking your foot off the gas and improves the exhaust note. I have Corsa w/o the X-pipe and I think I'm going to add it, too.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want -- take a look at the Bassani X-pipe too. Probably the best made "X" section on the market.
And, no fit problems with my Ci\orsa Indy's either. The Bassani is a beautifully made piece and scavenges from side to side very well because of the design of their X section -- a custom made piece that truly flows from side to side and evens out the exhaust pulses.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by SDLS1Rider
I am starting to lean towards a Corsa cat-back. I was thinking of installing an X pipe. Magnaflow looks like a better design as a true X pipe. While the Corsa crossover looks like two pipes with the side wall shaved off and welded together. Which one provides more performance? Also, can you mix a Magnaflow X-pipe with a corsa cat-back? Are the pipes the same size and flow well together. We want a nice smooth transition from flange to flange.
I had a corsa cat back with a Magnaflow X pipe and they work together just fine. Like you observed the Magnaflow is a true X pipe.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

They look different on the outside, but they all mix the left side exhaust with the right side. There's no performance difference in any of the brands. The manufacturers will say their's is superior, but it really isn't that complex.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM
62Starfire
5th Gear

Will the different brands of X pipes bolt up to a different catback systems or do you have to go with the same brand from the cats to the bumper?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Bassini, Magnaflow and WCC all have true Crossover sections. the others that look like two pipes bent together have smaller areas for gas pressures to equalize. I have a WCC x pipe on my car and am very pleased with it.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
maysdens
Instructor

I have the Corsa x-pipe and Corsa Pace Car cat backs installed on my roadster. They work perfectly together and the sound is very pleasant, no motor boating sound like before I installed the x-pipe. The resultant sound is what a Corvette V-8 should sound like.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM
DirteeDave
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 62Starfire
Will the different brands of X pipes bolt up to a different catback systems or do you have to go with the same brand from the cats to the bumper?
You can mix and match catbacks and X pipes.

Get notified of new replies

To X pipe: Corsa vs. Magnaflow

Quick Reply: X pipe: Corsa vs. Magnaflow