C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 PM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default question about headers

im installing long tubes for an 01 and up on my 2000 this weekend.. im aware of the air tube cnversion and the fact that the tubes can be blocked off and the pump turned off, but i still dont exactly know how.. can you guys give me a link to thorough directions(besides ls1howto) or tell me how to go about this the easiest and/or most efficient way.. thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 01:55 AM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdg2000c5
im installing long tubes for an 01 and up on my 2000 this weekend.. im aware of the air tube cnversion and the fact that the tubes can be blocked off and the pump turned off, but i still dont exactly know how.. can you guys give me a link to thorough directions(besides ls1howto) or tell me how to go about this the easiest and/or most efficient way.. thanks
Well you can have it turned off by a tunner..until than find the fuse for the pump and pull it.
Good luck with the install
Sleeper
Old 08-03-2007, 02:12 AM
OleStraightStick
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

whats up deno! thanks for the reply.. so u can just pull the fuse and it wont mess up the computer? and how do i block off the air tubes? thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 02:23 AM
torchredfrc
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've searched for detailed instructions for the air tube delete and came up empty handed. Does the actual pump need to be removed once you block off the tubes and delete the code in the PCM?

Anyone who has done this make a write-up?

Get notified of new replies

To question about headers

Quick Reply: question about headers