C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc,

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 08:27 AM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc,

I don't want to pull my wheels to check but aren't all four calipers and rotors marked with the LR LF LR RR markings. I just received some new calipers and I got two rears marked LR & LR. I don't think this is right. Am I wrong? If I'm :confused: please say so. I don't want to dismantle the car for nothing! :cheers: :flag
Old 11-09-2001, 09:03 AM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc, (Jim Dawes)

Jim:

I don't know about the markings, but you can visually determine if you have a left and a right calaper (or two left ones). The bleed screw IS AT THE TOP of the calaper when assembled properly. Just hold them in the same position as they whould be after installation, and if both bleed screws are at the top, then it's a go. If one of them is pointing down, then you have two calapers for the same side. Good luck. :cool:
Old 11-09-2001, 09:41 AM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc, (Jim 47)

Jim,
Thanks a lot. Regretfully I have two right side rears and my wife just noticed that the powder coating is screwed up on the drivers side front so it's back to the vendor with these. Thanks again! :cheers: :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc,

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper Markings RF LF LR RR etc,