C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Exhaust illegal in California?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BitViper
True...its not enforced to the letter..but if they wanted to they could at minimum make you spend YOUR time and money going to court...even to have the judge toss it out
This is really what it comes down to. It can't be properly enforced anyway. Personally, I'd rather spend my time on tailgaters, red light blowers, residential speeders, and DUI drivers. It's really hard to articulate that the reason for the stop was loud exhaust when you can't prove it was too loud according to law... you may find that everything you find as a result of that stop (drugs in plain view or whatever) is inadmissable: "Fruit of the poisonous tree".

Unfortunately, it isn't enforcement if the law isn't enforced properly. Ticketing just for the sake of betting that you don't know the law or that you will fight it to get it removed is an abuse of power and bordering on harrassment in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Poolman1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which exhaust

Originally Posted by Vette-Red
Try www.corvettesofhouston.com
They had the 4 tip bullets for around $570, I believe.
Remember that the bullets are loud, I actually took them off for a tamer system. I couldn't hear the radio, couldn't talk with my wife and had a headache after driving the car. No, I'm not old, either. It shook the whole house when I would start the car in the garage. My daughter thought that was cool, though. She still talks about it.
Hi new to this forum and also looking at changing my stock exhaust. Interested to see what you switched to, was looking at B&B's
thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion the Bullets are not super loud unless at WOT. Anything other than WOT and they just sound kinda popping almost like glasspack sounding on a lowriders car. They sound awesome WOT at each shift point but I hate the sound of them part throttle going through the gears. I either go less than 25% throttle shifting through the gears or 3/4-wot otherwise I don't like the sound of them. In my case though I am generally pretty close to 3/4 in town driving shifting anyway so they always sound great. I also happen to love the drone they make at the certain rpms and actually stay in that range sometimes. People that have been next to me on the freeway tell me its deafening to them driving beside me in the drone range.

They also do not sound loud at idle. I have yet to figure out why everyone says they are really loud at idle. The drone is no big deal as its only in the 1800-2000 and 2600-2900 range and thats easy enough to stay out of if you want to.

My wife didn't even notice I changed to the Bullets from stock cat back when we took a drive. Neither of us think they are that loud and I have heads/cam done with them and she reads a book while on long drives and talks on the cell no problem

Last edited by briann510; 09-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: B&B Exhaust illegal in California?