C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 03:36 PM
Austrian Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous??

What jets for 175 and what for 200 shot??
And where to get at best price??

Thanks,

Michael
Old 11-12-2001, 04:04 PM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous?? (Austrian Vette)

Austrian Vette;
here's an inexpensive tip. i'll asume that you got the full set of 50-150hp jets in your NX kit. take the #20 jet (not used in our application) and drill it out to .065" (1.65mm, or bit more than a 1/16" drill bit). this will be your "200hp" N2O jet. use the #38 jet for the fuel line when running this custom jet. i yielded a gain of 191hp and 258rwtq (535rwhp, 602rwtq) with this setup on the dyno. BUT, you must prepare yourself before running this steep of a shot. i recommend a cooler plug (TR6) and racing gas over 100 octane at minimum. this will help a bit with preventing detonation. also, this is stretching the limits on the stock fuel system. it would also be nice to have the convenience of pulling (retarding) timing about -3 degrees for every 50hp bump in N2O. this would really help ensure keeping from detonation. anyway, this tip is tried and true, but, do it at your own risk!!
Old 11-12-2001, 04:32 PM
Austrian Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous?? (rwj383)

Thanks for the info!

I have the TR 6 yet and they are gapped at 035.
That should be OK.

I run 98-99 Okt gas on NOS yet, as we can get it here at all gas stations.
104 racegas I will get nowhere!!
So you think is 99 OK ??

Also I will have heads/cam /LS6 intake in ( not in yet) and then use the
175 or 200 shot (May be only the 175 shot).
SO do you think the fuel system will take that!!

Michael
Old 11-13-2001, 11:39 AM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous?? (Austrian Vette)

with all of that you will be running quite stout already. some of the big name tuners are making 500rwhp on the stock injectors and fuel pump. but they do caution to start to consider bigger injectors and fuel pump much over 500rwhp. therefore, i would upgrade to the SVO #30 injectors. fuel pump should be OK, but, to be on safe side go with upgrade pump. if you have access to 99 Octane fuel, that is good. if you plan to run nitrous in large amounts very often, or if you plan to go to a dual stage nitrous with greater than 200hp, i would consider geting an extra PCM that you can dedicate Nitrous programming with timing taken out. keeping the motor from running lean and retarding the timing are mucho important with lots of nitrous. as i have mentioned, i have run as high as nearly 200hp jets bone stock without problems. but i just want you to understand the risks.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:37 PM
Austrian Vette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous?? (rwj383)

with all of that you will be running quite stout already. some of the big name tuners are making 500rwhp on the stock injectors and fuel pump. but they do caution to start to consider bigger injectors and fuel pump much over 500rwhp. therefore, i would upgrade to the SVO #30 injectors. fuel pump should be OK, but, to be on safe side go with upgrade pump. if you have access to 99 Octane fuel, that is good. if you plan to run nitrous in large amounts very often, or if you plan to go to a dual stage nitrous with greater than 200hp, i would consider geting an extra PCM that you can dedicate Nitrous programming with timing taken out. keeping the motor from running lean and retarding the timing are mucho important with lots of nitrous. as i have mentioned, i have run as high as nearly 200hp jets bone stock without problems. but i just want you to understand the risks.
I have ordered the 30' Injectors , yet.
They should come with the heads/cam.
Also I told the PCM programmer to take car of my NOS with the timing!!

So I think I was thinking correctly on what counts.

I´m not sure on the fuelpump, as I don´t know how complecated the install is.

Maybe I should do it just for safety!!

I´ll post a question wabout what pump to get!!!

Thanks,
Michael
Old 11-13-2001, 06:52 PM
Terry Burger
Burning Brakes

Hey!

A 175 shot will be 70N 38F, a 200 shot will be 78N 41F. At some point your lines and solonoid become a limitation. Depending on how much NA power you put out now, maybe leave the 150 shot be and then add another 50-75 "dry" shot of n2o. It seems to work better than one large wet shot. Good luck!
Old 11-13-2001, 07:40 PM
akw408
Burning Brakes

With a wet system, the nozzle will be adding the extra fuel. The fuel injectors will not need to add extra fuel and can't possibly do so because the nitrous will be added after the MAF, so it will be unmetered. Nonetheless, it will be something safe to do in the long run, but it won't make any difference with a wet system.

Is it possible to get 2 powerloaders (or like product), one for regular and one for nitrous timing? Or the new LS1 Edit sounds promising, but who knows for sure until it's out. That would be a good way to do it, but the way I do it is just to switch in a resistor into my IAT sensor. I haven't autotapped to determine how much timing it actually pulls out though.

Another thing to consider is that a 175/200 shot wet is quite large. If it was me, at this point I would go either with a dry shot (then upgrade your injectors), a twin nozzle setup, or direct port (probably the best option, but priciest).

99 C5 M6

Get notified of new replies

To What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous??

Quick Reply: What jets do I need for a 175 and 200 NX wet shot Nitrous??