C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys I need your help! I need the LF Wheel Speed Sensor harness! Mine got cut!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Guys I need your help! I need the LF Wheel Speed Sensor harness! Mine got cut!

Well im getting the C1221 LF Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal is 0, so I got the car on a lift and took the wheel off to inspect the wheel sensor and i found out that the harness that goes for the wheel sensor to the cars harness has been cut, looks like the clip broke and the wire was hanging and got cut. Anyone have one laying around??

Roger
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

had the same happen to mine only it also got jammed in between the caliper and shaved my rims at the same time.

i had to replace the wheel bearing as i think it is connected to that. I am not sure if there is a connector for sale to repair it?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

There is 18" JUMPER HARNESS between the main harness female connector on the frame and the wheel speed sensor pigtail. Thats what sounds like what got cut. You can purchase that jumper from Gene Culley at gmpartshouse.com for a decient price or at your dealer.

If I were you, I would just repair the harness and see if that correctts the issue. If the wire is just CUT, solder and cover it with shrink tubing!

Let us know how you make out.

BC
Old 10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
LUV-Vettes
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Patric at Redline Corvettes, 909-946-5928.
He parts out C-4 and C-5s. Usually has anything you would ever want.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:43 AM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Bill, can you shed some light as to where this 'jumper harness' is located? Both sides, or just one?

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
There is 18" JUMPER HARNESS between the main harness female connector on the frame and the wheel speed sensor pigtail. Thats what sounds like what got cut. You can purchase that jumper from Gene Culley at gmpartshouse.com for a decient price or at your dealer.

If I were you, I would just repair the harness and see if that correctts the issue. If the wire is just CUT, solder and cover it with shrink tubing!

Let us know how you make out.

BC
Old 11-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Remove the front wheel, find the Wheel Speed Sensor connector.

From that connector, you will see the jumper harness:

The jumper harness will connect to the main harness on the frame.

Make sure you check all the female pins!

BC
Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 AM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks for the detailed reply Bill !!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:27 AM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yo,(sry to jump on) what's the part number on Gene's site for the little jumper harness'? I'm getting that code for both sides! lol...might end up having to replace one or both of the hub assembly(s) but might as well try the easy stuff first.
Thanks so much,
DZ
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 00Corvette
Yo,(sry to jump on) what's the part number on Gene's site for the little jumper harness'? I'm getting that code for both sides! lol...might end up having to replace one or both of the hub assembly(s) but might as well try the easy stuff first.
Thanks so much,
DZ
Yo................ The hubs are the LAST things that you should change... There pretty much bullet proof unless you damage the HUB pigtail or connector.

The wheel speed sensor part is almost bullet proof and unless the pig tail is damaged, It is usually not bad. Check the pigtail and connector.

BC
Old 11-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks for the plug guys. I sell lots of those harnesses, but I can't remember the number right now. Contact me directly and I'll help you out.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Bill,
Thanks so much man! I really wasn't looking forward to having to buy the new hubs anyway lol. What else should I be checking besides those two jumper harnesses? I'll take a really good look at that back of the pigtail's and the connectors and I'll just go ahead and replace the 2 jumper wires for both sides. I'm getting both wheels speed sensors signal is 0 and also excessive wheels speed variation?
Thanks for any help,
DZ
Gene,
I'll be ordering the jumper harness' from you early this week.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have u tried to Take the 18' Jumper off your good side ,the side thats not throwing codes,& Hook it up on the wheel that says is bad, then You will either have 2 Bad codes ,Meaning the Jumper didnt work ,or u will have 1 code ,meaning that it did work, unless u have a Bad wss or a bad Ebcm ,This will take the guess work out of the Connectors . I see In the above post there both 0 ,U may have a bad Ground wire ,or loose Ground ,I would Double check the Gounds on chassis,it cant hurt ,Only the Front 2 c1221,c1222 Wss are showing codes ,For the tcs ? I ended up having the 1233 wss open or shorted twice ,the 1st time it was ebcm module in Terminal 14 Which is either the Low side /or high side cant remember ,Then its the wss Was Cut @ The Hub /sensor wire ,right outside of the hub itself,pita,Everything goes Wackoo

Last edited by fsuforever; 11-11-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

The only time that I ever swapped the jumper harness from side-to-side was the VERY first time that it threw the code for the RF WSS but that was like 10 months ago now. Since then, it's now throwing the codes for both sides and also the variation code for the RF. It also just for the first time the other day set off an EBCM code...I think it was P1255(malfunction?). I reset that one and we'll see if it comes back.

I'm probably just going to buy the 2 new harness', they have over 110,000 miles on em' and probably wouldn't hurt anyway. Hopefully the EBCM or WSS' aren't bad!
Thanks so much,
DZ
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Buying new jumpers isn't expensive. What you really need to check out is the FEMALE CONNECTORS!!!

Mine gave me fits and thats what it tuned out to be. Here is a great picture of a NEW and BAD connector. New one is on the LEFT!

Go to a local Chevy dealer and purchase a male pin that is the same physical size as the male pin that is in the jumper harness. When you insert the male pin into the female pin, there should be a nice tight fit. The one that was bad on mine would just FALL OUT if you turned it up-side down.

The WSS resistance should be: 850 to 1350 ohms. You can also measure the resistance and shake the harness and connectors to see if they vary during the shake. They shouldnt.

You can also read the output of the WSS. You will need a meter that will read AC Volts. Yep, they out put AC Volts. The faster you spin the wheel, the larger the voltage. If you have someone spin the wheel and read the meter, you can shake the harness and connectors and see if you get any drop off in the out puts. I read mine from the main connector on the EBTCM. That way, you can check the entire harness.

If you want to attempt this, I will give you the pin numbers.

BC
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Bill,
Thanks so much for all the advice man! Can I just buy those little female connectors or are the attached internally to the WSS? Or are you referring to the connectors at the end of the jumper harness on both ends?
Thanks so much,
DZ
Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

YES you can purchase the female pigtails from a couple sources. I got mine from the stealer for $25 BUCKS A POP!!!!

Gene Culley will have them for less or you can try Advance or Autozone.

The WSS is a male plug and the jumper harness has a female connector. The one that went bad on mine was the female connector on the frame that is part of the main harness. Had to splice in a new pigtail.

BC
Old 11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Bill,
I'm sorry to ask so many question's but one more...lol. How many of those female pigtail connector's are there in all? 4? I think that I'm just gonna buy all new ones and splice em' all on. After clearing all the codes again the only one that's really coming back is the 1226...
Thanks,
DZ
Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 PM
E39M5Speed
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Part number I'm getting for my C6 is 15248662. Is this the correct item to replace. CODE is C0040-00 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor circuit And C0253-00 Centering Error.

Also just to confirm. Right Front refers to Front Passenger Wheel correct?

Get notified of new replies

To Guys I need your help! I need the LF Wheel Speed Sensor harness! Mine got cut!

Quick Reply: Guys I need your help! I need the LF Wheel Speed Sensor harness! Mine got cut!