C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Tiger Shark Photos?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Corsa Tiger Shark Photos?

I just had the dealer install a set of Corsa Tiger Sharks with X-Pipe on my 2001. I had planned on doing this myself, but they said they might as well do it while they had the stock exhaust off anyway for other repairs.

My problem is that I am not sure they are aligned correctly. The tips almost touch the rear bumper at the top (close enough to where I cannot get a rag in between to wax the bumper - is this normal)? I also cannot read the word "CORSA" on the tips and the instructions say they are designed to protrude about 1". So I am guessing these are too high AND not sticking out far enough? But asking Corsa to include a photo for $1500 bucks would be too much to ask. Also, can these be aligned to where the center gap is the same as the outer gaps?... the dealership said "No".

Anyone have any photos of their Tiger Sharks from behind?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's mine..They are a pain to adjust. Took me several tries to get it right. In this photo its still not perfect..

Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
C5Pat
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corsas

I did mine myself, they wern't too bad to align, but they should stick out about an 1" past the bumper, and you should be able to read the Corsa logo. I am very happy with the sound and the look, get compliments all the time..Good Luck

Last edited by C5Pat; 12-16-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default here is mine

mine aligned up perfectly. You just have to loosen the 2 clamps per each side to adjust them correctly. Total of 4 clamps. Just loosen and then wiggle the mufflers back and forth. I would always adjust one side to be perfect then do the other side and if you have to, adjust it to compensate for when it is going to bend back into position. I would hold it in place a little further then where I wanted it and then tighten the hell out of the clamps. Because it is just me, I would be lying on the floor and using my feet be pushing up against the mufflers and finding a spot on the bumper to use as reference to get the alignment correct. Then I would get out and check it and go back at it again for any necessary corrections. With time and patience, it will align perfectly and be centered in the middle both vertically and horizontally.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

These photos all look great - I really like mine too! It is still a bit hard for me to tell from the photos, but can you get a rag in between the tips and the rear bumper to wax the bumper? Mine are almost touching the bumper and that may just be the way it is?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 AM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I just had these installed on Saturday. Cleaned and had no problem getting between exhaust tips and bottom of rear fender. It's a little tight, but not too bad.

Last edited by bhoch; 12-17-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bhoch
I just had these installed on Saturday. Cleaned and had no problem getting between exhaust tips and bottom of rear fender. It's a little tight, but not too bad.

This is about what I expected them to look like. Do you happen to have a photo from the side of the rear bumper showing the protrusion (probably not). I hope the dealership did not cut my stock exhaust short when they installed the X-Pipe!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you can adjust them to where YOU want them.i like them tight against
the bumper.the angle of the tip looks a bit odd like its aiming towards
the ground if you have a gap at the top.
Break out some spanners and have a play.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

NITRO UK, your car looks

Choreo - no. I don't have any side pics, but they stick out about 1inch or so.

They have the ability to be adjusted, though. so even if they are in too far currently, you should be able to raise the car and adjust the amount that they are sticking out.

There is a clamp that you can loosen to move the muffers in/out some. That should allow you to line them up and also move them out (towards the back) some.

Let me know if you need another pic. If I get home this evening and it's still light, I'll try to get one for you.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

you can adjust them to where YOU want them.i like them tight against
the bumper.the angle of the tip looks a bit odd like its aiming towards
the ground if you have a gap at the top.
Break out some spanners and have a play.
These look just like mine do now - close to the bumper and a bit narrower gap in the middle.

Last edited by Choreo; 12-17-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bhoch
NITRO UK, your car looks

Choreo - no. I don't have any side pics, but they stick out about 1inch or so.

They have the ability to be adjusted, though. so even if they are in too far currently, you should be able to raise the car and adjust the amount that they are sticking out.

There is a clamp that you can loosen to move the muffers in/out some. That should allow you to line them up and also move them out (towards the back) some.

Let me know if you need another pic. If I get home this evening and it's still light, I'll try to get one for you.
Thanks, I think these photos give me a pretty good idea where I need to make adjustments.

I will post some pics when I get them aligned.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Choreo
Thanks, I think these photos give me a pretty good idea where I need to make adjustments.

I will post some pics when I get them aligned.
You will get there just plod along .btw i had a set of touring
corsas a while back on a 2001 coupe.these t/shark mufflers seem more aggresive and louder.....like way cool

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Tiger Shark Photos?

Quick Reply: Corsa Tiger Shark Photos?