C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks X and Cat ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
LS1 REDBIRD
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kooks X and Cat ?

I was recently exchanging catbacks and found this. Looks like the internal brick from one of the catalyst on my Kooks has worked itself loose. Will it be ok to drive with one gutted cat? Should I gut the other one until I get replacements? This is my DD and I wont be able to replace them for at least 2 weeks. Any catalyst recommendations?

Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
99 C-5 F1C VETTE
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would gut them both and replace with Random High flows.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 PM
LS1 REDBIRD
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will these through codes? I did not have any issues with the Kooks until one broke.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Yes, you need to gut both sides. You WILL throw codes. (provided your rear O2's are turned on)

Just take a drill bit and drill it out on both sides. Its a real PITA, but definately needs to be done.

Dont bother with the random tech cats. By the time you get done buying the cats, and having them welded in, you will have spent the same as buying a new Kooks center section. (Personal experience )

PM me if you need a price. I'm a WD for Kooks so I can hook you up. Plus their in stock at Kooks so they can ship out the next day.

Get notified of new replies

To Kooks X and Cat ?

Quick Reply: Kooks X and Cat ?