C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aiming HID headlights

Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 PM
RespondsWithGif
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aiming HID headlights

I just put a set of 6000k hid lights in my car and was wondering if anyone else has re-aimed their headlights after the conversion. Does anyone get flashed by oncoming cars?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 01silvercoupe
I just put a set of 6000k hid lights in my car and was wondering if anyone else has re-aimed their headlights after the conversion. Does anyone get flashed by oncoming cars?

I had these before I switched to ACAs. Mine were fine at the stock location and no, I was never flashed..........but every car is different, so if your getting flashed, lower the setting a bit
Old 02-09-2008, 05:38 PM
taz03
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After i installed mine the drivers side was a little low. I adjusted it to match the other side. The only time i get flashed is if i have my headlights and fogs on.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Been a year for me with not one flash from other cars. (HID low beams and HID fogs always on when dark).

I have never adjusted my aiming from factory (low beams). I installed my fogs from scratch since I have a Z06, but I adjusted them aiming at the wall, and they seem ok.

Toque
Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Brought the passenger side up and out some to match the drivers. That creates a new problem now. The high beams are out of whack. However the low beams are so clear that I no longer have any use for high beams.

I've been flashed only one time coming into my neighborhood, which is pitch black, so I think any light would seem bright. Never on any hiway or back roads yet. The acid test is as long as the L.E.O.'s leave me alone I'm doing OK.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

The HID low beams and fogs should to be aligned per the GM service manual. I will definitely align mine when I install them in the next two weeks. I don't want to blind anybody, especially if they're heading toward me.

Get notified of new replies

To Aiming HID headlights

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aiming HID headlights