C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Replacement/Upgrade Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 04:26 PM
cco175ranger
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Replacement/Upgrade Options

Hello,

Looking for feedback or personal experience with options on replacing or upgrading my 1999 FRC fuel pump.

Car is bone stock with about 70k miles but clearly 23 years old. Recently the pump has started to moan/whine and may be getting to the end of its life. I replaced the filter/regulator (AcDelco OEM unit) about 9 months ago with no post replacement side effects or issues.

After some decent driving over the fall the pump developed the noise and has progressively gotten louder so it’s time to address it.

I was originally looking at a simple OEM style replacement unit (Delphi FG1703) keeping it simple.

Then I got thinking about the upcoming mods this winter stacking up in the garage which includes aftermarket heads, cam, intake, and full exhaust; possibly injectors if necessary during tuning.

So now I have ask myself if I’m gonna replace the pump are there any suggested OEM style upgrades worth investing in? I’ve read some about using a Walboro 255 and how it’s a decent upgrade without to much headache to install with good reliability?

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Appreciate your time and feedback!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:08 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,687 Posts

I’d just stick to the OE pump and since this current pump is bad you should also replace the filter again…new pump…new filter !!!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:17 PM
cco175ranger
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
I’d just stick to the OE pump and since this current pump is bad you should also replace the filter again…new pump…new filter !!!
Thanks for the feedback; yes I was thinking the same. The Delphi pump is fairly priced on Rockauto and was gonna add the filter/regulator since it’s currently the cheapest place I can find an OEM one at.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Pump Replacement/Upgrade Options

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Replacement/Upgrade Options