C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Switch / Headlamps operation

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 PM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Turn Signal Switch / Headlamps operation

I trying to determine the problem I have with the drivers side Headlamp operation. It raised the headlight only part of the time. The gears were replaced in the drivers side motor and there are no grind sounds. I have a turn signal switch that is a hard turn to move the head lights to the on position. My car is a 98 Coupe.

Any help.....Thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It could be the switch particularly if you know theres a problem. They are notoriously unreliable.

I just wonder whether its a headlight motor issue. the switch sends a single command to both motors. Its an on or off signal. If one side is working its strange that the other doesn't work. If you did work on the motor recently are you sure the connections on that motor are good? It may be worth cleaning the connector and making sure its firmly connected.

Last edited by DeeGee; 07-05-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:28 PM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeGee
It could be the switch particularly if you know theres a problem. They are notoriously unreliable.

I just wonder whether its a headlight motor issue. the switch sends a single command to both motors. Its an on or off signal. If one side is working its strange that the other doesn't work. If you did work on the motor recently are you sure the connections on that motor are good? It may be worth cleaning the connector and making sure its firmly connected.
I have have a growing problem with the multi function stem that controls the headlights. It getting harder to turn and now its like forcing to turn. I believe the stem needs to be replaced but will the stem have any effect on the operation of that drivers side headlamp.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by kg54trains
I have have a growing problem with the multi function stem that controls the headlights. It getting harder to turn and now its like forcing to turn. I believe the stem needs to be replaced but will the stem have any effect on the operation of that drivers side headlamp.
In short probably. If its that bad, change it anyway and see if it fixes the problem. If not, nothing lost and you can still switch to the motor.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signal Switch / Headlamps operation

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Switch / Headlamps operation