C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Code P 1416 HC (Help)???????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 10:30 PM
ronnie948
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default I have Code P 1416 HC (Help)???????

I have three Codes on my DIC,
99 H-VAC H Which says I have Code BO367H

10-PCM Which says I have code P 1416 HC AIR SYSTEM BANK 2-B

Also on 10-PCM I have Code P1626 H Theft deterrent system fuel enable circut C.

The one I am concerned with is the P 1416 HC That is in My 10-PCM Does anyone know what is wrong? What is the Air System BANK 2-B? :confused: :confused: :confused: :nonod: :sad: :nonod: :sad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[Modified by ronnie948, 9:34 PM 12/28/2001]
Old 12-29-2001, 01:11 AM
RadarBlue
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I have Code P 1416 HC (Help)??????? (ronnie948)

The 'puter runs a test on the AIR system, once it goes into closed loop. It pumps in air and monitors the O2 sensors. If both sensors fail to respond, it sets a P1410, or if bank 1 fails to respond sets P1415 or bank 2 sets P1416. The MIL sets only after two consecutive failures of this test, and will reset after three succesful tests. The AIR system is only used at start-up (open loop) to reduce emissions. The most likely culprit is carbon build up in the exhaust manifold. Remove the AIR tubing from the manifold and inspect the passage way.

Hope this helps. :)
Old 12-29-2001, 02:03 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I have Code P 1416 HC (RadarBlue)

The 'puter runs a test on the AIR system, once it goes into closed loop. It pumps in air and monitors the O2 sensors. If both sensors fail to respond, it sets a P1410, or if bank 1 fails to respond sets P1415 or bank 2 sets P1416. The MIL sets only after two consecutive failures of this test, and will reset after three succesful tests. The AIR system is only used at start-up (open loop) to reduce emissions. The most likely culprit is carbon build up in the exhaust manifold. Remove the AIR tubing from the manifold and inspect the passage way.

Guys like this are what make this Forum such a great place.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 12-29-2001, 02:04 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: I have Code P 1416 HC (RadarBlue)

OOPS!!! Take it back he is in Green Bay!!! :) :) :)

Da Bears!!!

Get notified of new replies

To I have Code P 1416 HC (Help)???????

Quick Reply: I have Code P 1416 HC (Help)???????