C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Go FasTA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe

I've read about others having problems with their fuel gauge, but I didn't realize this was still a problem with the 2002 models.

Symptom: Fuel gauge will be around half full then suddenly drops to 'E' and I get all the warnings "Low Fuel", "Check Gauges", etc.

Is this caused by a faulty siphon pump? I hate that the car already needs warranty service after only 2.5 months of ownership. :(

Old 01-09-2002, 04:18 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe (Go FasTA)

Unfortunately, you'll need to make a pit stop at the dealer. This is a common problem, fuel sending unit I believe, and GM unfortunately has not got their s h i t together :mad. I can't beleve the 02's are still having this problem - unbelieveable!!!

Old 01-09-2002, 06:57 PM
skydive69
Instructor

Default Re: Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe (Ha-Ha)

Just always remember that the grass is not in the least bit greener on the other side. I can tell you stories about my last two rides (Audi TT Quattro Roadster & Ford SVT Lightning) which would make your small anoyances seem very trivial. Of course nothing is really trivial when it is happening to you. :D
Old 01-09-2002, 08:56 PM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

I've read about others having problems with their fuel gauge, but I didn't realize this was still a problem with the 2002 models.

Symptom: Fuel gauge will be around half full then suddenly drops to 'E' and I get all the warnings "Low Fuel", "Check Gauges", etc.

Is this caused by a faulty siphon pump? I hate that the car already needs warranty service after only 2.5 months of ownership. :(
Once you learn that all cars are junk, and a maker cuts all possible corners to get the bottom dollars.....you won't think its a big deal anymore...

I like my vette but by no means is it worry free...;) Just the price we pay to go fast...

You could always walk....... :lol:

:seeya
Old 01-09-2002, 09:32 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Yo' Andy, been there and done that. They took 1.5 weeks to fix mine because they broke a part while removing the bad fuel sending unit. That's why I couldn't take my car to the F-body shootout in Beech Bend :mad
However, they fixed it and all is well. You should check your differential to make sure it's not leaking either. My warranty works is about a page long but the car is still worth it all :D
Old 01-09-2002, 10:03 PM
1999 White C5 Coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go FasTA,

The same thing happended to my 1999 C5 coupe - it was repaired under the new car warranty after the dealer/mechanic called Chevrolet Technical Assistance.

This is just another example of the poor engineering and manufacturing of the C5.

I can't believe Chevrolet can't (or won't) build a car with a reliable fuel guage.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe

Quick Reply: Problem with fuel gauge on my 2002 Coupe