C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse # and Location for 12V accessory port in the C5

Old 11-01-2008, 07:34 PM
MadDogZ06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuse # and Location for 12V accessory port in the C5

I'm posting this because it was way too hard to find the fuse location of the power outlet in the the center console, even after searching the Forum. Also, the GM shop manuals do an extremely poor job of helping you find this as well.

The fuse location for the 12V "Cigar Lighter/Accessory port" in the center console is in the interior fuse panel on the passenger side floor under the mat. Once you find this, it is still far from obvious which fuse it is. To save the next guy some trouble, the exact fuse is fuse #1 "CNSLCIG", which actually stands for Console Cigar Lighter Lighter.

MadDog
The following users liked this post:
Keyman57 (06-24-2023)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 AM
MonteV
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadDogZ06
I'm posting this because it was way too hard to find the fuse location of the power outlet in the the center console, even after searching the Forum. Also, the GM shop manuals do an extremely poor job of helping you find this as well.

The fuse location for the 12V "Cigar Lighter/Accessory port" in the center console is in the interior fuse panel on the passenger side floor under the mat. Once you find this, it is still far from obvious which fuse it is. To save the next guy some trouble, the exact fuse is fuse #1 "CNSLCIG", which actually stands for Console Cigar Lighter Lighter.

MadDog
Thanks excellent information. Can you tell me how many amps the fuse is and what size?
Old 06-24-2023, 05:44 PM
Keyman57
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuse: 12v cigarette adapter in the flip up cig ashtray under the Fan Climate Control?

Thanks buds!
What about the FUSE for the 12v cigarette adapter in the flip up cig ashtray under the Fan Climate Control?
I've had that blown for years and cant find it.
sure would like to
Thanks, Doug

Last edited by Keyman57; 06-24-2023 at 05:47 PM. Reason: clarification

Get notified of new replies

To Fuse # and Location for 12V accessory port in the C5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuse # and Location for 12V accessory port in the C5