C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: abs delete 99 c5

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by wheeelie
from what i am told, the computer will take over the throttle and limit you to either reduced power or shut the car off and fill the dash up with all lights as if you turned the key off then back on.
Whoever is telling you that doesn't know their rear end from a hole in the ground. All you will get is a Service Message on the DIC. The ABS system including Active Handling and Traction Control is a subsystem that rides on top of the base brake system and is not part of the base brake system. If you remove the brake pressure modulator valve the only thing you will have to do is make sure the brake lines are plumbed correctly to bridge the hole left in the lines by the modulator.

By the way other people do similar installations and don't have to screw up the car to get it done. Are you going to keep the car until it goes in the junk yard or are you going to sell it to some poor schmuck who ends up with a nightmare? Most people have a very low opinion of people who butcher cars to incorrectly install a mod.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
wheeelie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess there is nothing else i can say in this thread.
it seems that no matter what i do or say, someone gets offended and wants to share their thoughts on how to make my car better for themselves. this topic went wayyyy off course (just like 99% of threads on here). my original question was if anyone knew of an abs delete kit. that's it! i don't give a **** about anything else anyone says about something even slightly off topic.

oh, and dougbnotsofresh.........looks like i hit the nerve. happy bull**** postings from your friends on the forum.

signed,

the cowardly internet gangster.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

i guess there is nothing else i can say in this thread.
it seems that no matter what i do or say, someone gets offended and wants to share their thoughts on how to make my car better for themselves. this topic went wayyyy off course (just like 99% of threads on here). my original question was if anyone knew of an abs delete kit. that's it! i don't give a **** about anything else anyone says about something even slightly off topic.

oh, and dougbnotsofresh.........looks like i hit the nerve. happy bull**** postings from your friends on the forum.

signed,

the cowardly internet gangster.
You're were given a few place of where to turn for an answer to your question, why not pursue them.

You won't be able to sell the car if you tamper with the system as it could make the car unsafe.

Unless you're an all out racer why tamper with the system.

Call here they prepare the T1 Vettes. http://www.phoenixperformanceinc.com/
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tony, you're calm man...cheers to you.

Donnie
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-19-2009, 09:02 AM
99 vett babycar
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=corvettebob1;1568994731]Quote:
maybe i'll get lucky enough that one of those spikes goes straight up your ***!

Your so tough-talk this way in person or just real brave behind a keyboard?

[/QUOTE

This is what I love about this Forum - all the comradery.

However, the man has a point: it IS HIS car and he asked for an answer to a simple question; he wasn't soliciting opinions, like,you know, help me decide if I SHOULD do this.
Sometimes, its good to stick to the point; something our august elected officials in Washington do so well.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 00Corvette
Tony, you're calm man...cheers to you.

Donnie
Thanks Donnie, no reason to get upset about anything on here, everybody is entitled to their thoughts, it's just the manner in which they do it.

[QUOTE=99 vett babycar;1569006581]
Originally Posted by corvettebob1
Quote:
maybe i'll get lucky enough that one of those spikes goes straight up your ***!

Your so tough-talk this way in person or just real brave behind a keyboard?

[/QUOTE

This is what I love about this Forum - all the comradery.

However, the man has a point: it IS HIS car and he asked for an answer to a simple question; he wasn't soliciting opinions, like,you know, help me decide if I SHOULD do this.
Sometimes, its good to stick to the point; something our august elected officials in Washington do so well.
If you don't like or think what the OP or anyone else said, you don't need to go bash in his brains. This is why the middle east has never had any peace.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
intoc6s
Drifting

I think you should be able to do whatever you want to with your car! Its "yours". I choose to delete catalytic converters on my C5 and my WS6 TA too! Is it illegal or immoral or whatever?- Yes, but i do it because its MINE! Its my problem when i sell it to get it legal or to let the buyer be aware that it isn t emissions legal. I appreciate the advice i get on this forum but i don t pay attention to negative people that think that i should modify my cars like they think i should, not like i want it. ---In your case, i would try to get by with the ABS still working, but if you want(or need to) to temporarily(or perm.) disable it, more power to you! Sorry i don t have any info to help your quest to modify your car as u want, i just wanted to say what i did.- Jason
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I came here looking for an ABS delete block as well, all I got was cry babies. Thanks CF! lol
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:53 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
I came here looking for an ABS delete block as well, all I got was cry babies. Thanks CF! lol
Could you post a link to the thread you started asking for this delete kit?

Overall, it's just modifying/making some lines and adding some splitter blocks. Anyone with any actual mechanical skill could handle doing it without a kit. One likely doesn't exist because it's easy and done very infrequently. You want to talk crybabies - what about someone needing a kit because they can't handle make a couple of custom brake lines?

Last edited by lionelhutz; 04-25-2014 at 12:55 PM.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 04-25-2014, 02:47 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know if this will help:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension...bs-delete.html
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 05-13-2014, 01:10 PM
fendermender
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't been here in ages. Just checked in to see if there was anything new with the ECBM repair on early cars and I came up with this thread.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM
ultradriver10000
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm bumping this thread for a couple reasons.

1) I have 1997 with rusted out brake lines.... no one sells a kit and there are a million lines!
2) It will be MUCH easier to make my own lines like an old school hot rod. Proportioning valve up front single line to the rear split to each wheel.

Can I turn off all warning lights through hp tuners? hum Anyone ever done this?
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 PM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

bump
mrr23 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
I'm bumping this thread for a couple reasons.

1) I have 1997 with rusted out brake lines.... no one sells a kit and there are a million lines!
2) It will be MUCH easier to make my own lines like an old school hot rod. Proportioning valve up front single line to the rear split to each wheel.

Can I turn off all warning lights through hp tuners? hum Anyone ever done this?
No you cannot turn off the lights with hptuners.

Last edited by mrr23; 11-12-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The EBTCM is its OWN COMPUTER. It runs a Start Up Test on ALL of the routines that the BRAKING SYSTEM controls at power ON and all the sub components that are connected to the system i.e. Steering wheel position sensor, wheel speed sensors, ect... are also tested.

The EBTCM communicates the status of those test to the BCM through the SERIAL DATA BUS.

The BCM also sends out a STATE OF HEALTH (SOH) message to all the connected modules (PCM, LDCM, RDCM, EBTCM, SCM, Radio, HVAC, RFA, Air bag module, and the modules send out a SOH reply.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I you do anything to the EBTCM or Data Bus, the BCM will send out error and warning messages to the IPC and thus, you see all the messages and lights.

The EBTCM also connects to the PCM and can control throttle opening, reduce timing ect if excessive wheel spin is detected in normal mode TC on.

So,,, You cant just hook up HP Tuners or EFI Live and fix things. They can NOT interface with the BCM. The TECH2 cant change those parameters either because the EBTCM microprocessor is NON FLASH PROGRAMABLE. What's written is done by the people who designed the processor and its there to stay! GM does want people screwing with a SAFETY SYSTEM.

Same for your Throttle by Wire system. Its written inside the PCM where tuning can not rewrite or control. I know of one person who cracked that code!!!!

Bill

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 11-12-2015 at 02:14 PM.
mrr23 (11-12-2015)

Quick Reply: WTB: abs delete 99 c5