C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c5 oil filler cap removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
george's2001c5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5 oil filler cap removal

I tried to remove the oil filler cap on my 2001 c5. It turns but when I go to pull it off it won't budge. I know it comes out because I have had many oil changes. I know this sounds stupid because I have removed hundreds of these on other cars. Is there a release or a special grove to stop in and pull out.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
PewtVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this happen just recently on my wife's Saturn. Over the years I've had the cap off numerous times but recently it has gotten tighter and tighter until last weekend when it wouldn't budge and I had to pry it off- the thing was wedged on tight! I borrowed the one off her brand new Solstice and it went on and off with ease. I picked up another oem cap and it works great. It's almost as if the orginal cap had slowly expanded over the years- perhaps due to heat.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 AM
harborgroup
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil cap removal

me too. I'm a new member and am trying to remove the oil cap to take the cover off to clean things. the cap turns a half turn and then is STUCK!!! I do not want to force anything. any ideas? thanks
Old 11-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by harborgroup
me too. I'm a new member and am trying to remove the oil cap to take the cover off to clean things. the cap turns a half turn and then is STUCK!!! I do not want to force anything. any ideas? thanks
The oil cap is designed to turn 1/2 turn then pull straight out. It may be just the second half of the process (pulling straight out) that's giving you a problem similar to the previous posters.

Get notified of new replies

To c5 oil filler cap removal

Quick Reply: c5 oil filler cap removal