C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TAC Module Wiring, P1125, P1275, P1280, P1281

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:52 PM
MPLvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TAC Module Wiring, P1125, P1275, P1280, P1281

Wanted to get this one into the archives. Rebuilding 02 Z06, I had to replace the connector attached to the TAC Module from the accelerator pedal. Two wires are colored light blue, one is the reference voltage for Sensor 2, one is the actual voltage for Sensor 1. Well as luck would have it, even though I thought I had the right wires, I reversed them when attaching the new connector. The end result was P1125, P1275, P1280 and P1281 codes and operation in the reduced power mode. When preparing the diagnostics for this I re-checked the diagrams and my first step was to check the wires. So I took the bold approach and simply reversed them and fixed the problem immediately.

Hopefully if somebody runs into this, they will be able to fix faster than I did.

Now if I can figure out how to clear the air bag code without replacing the air bag module....
Old 12-18-2019, 05:35 PM
leonardj
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sooooo glad you posted this! As I'm finishing up a build, I started the car for the 1st time & got these exact 4 codes (and a few others), but the car wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm & only revved slowly. Probably because it was in reduced power mode. After searching the codes & coming across this post, I remembered the donor TAC harness had been previously "spliced" by someone (only twisted & taped). When I soldered them, I remembered thinking "I hope they didn't get the 2 blue wires mixed up". As soon as I read your post, I knew that was it & instantly went to swap them. It fired right up & revved as it should! So 10.5 years after you posted this, thank you!

Quick Reply: TAC Module Wiring, P1125, P1275, P1280, P1281