C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much of a difference between C5 Z51 shocks vs C6 Z51 shocks ?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

Default How much of a difference between C5 Z51 shocks vs C6 Z51 shocks ?

How much of a difference between C5 Z51 shocks vs C6 Z51 shocks for a C5 ?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I did this up-grade! Here is my thoughts on the swap.

Have you ever experienced your car side stepping on rough sweeping turns (feels like the car is going to slide off the turn due to the wheels hopping over the bumps!!) C6 ZO6 shocks SIGNIFICANTLY reduces that problem!!!!! You will really notice this improvement!

Ride quality C5 ZO6 vrs C6 ZO6. During normal driving on smooth roads, you will NOT feel much difference. On bumpy roads (that you have traveled on in the past),,,you will notice that the bumps are a little more pronounced but dampened better! Nothing too harsh. Just a little more firm.

Quick reaction steering. Whooooo,, Yea, A LOT BETTER! The car seems to bite into the turns better and lean more controllably

On a scale of 1-10 1 being bad & 10 being the best. The C5 Z shocks were a 6. The C6 Z shocks are a 9!!!

Hell,,,there only $240 for all four BRAND NEW. If you think that you don't like them, you can sell them for $200 easily! I love mine! Performance vrs price = NO BRAINIER!!!!

BC
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
I did this up-grade! Here is my thoughts on the swap.

Have you ever experienced your car side stepping on rough sweeping turns (feels like the car is going to slide off the turn due to the wheels hopping over the bumps!!) C6 ZO6 shocks SIGNIFICANTLY reduces that problem!!!!! You will really notice this improvement!

Ride quality C5 ZO6 vrs C6 ZO6. During normal driving on smooth roads, you will NOT feel much difference. On bumpy roads (that you have traveled on in the past),,,you will notice that the bumps are a little more pronounced but dampened better! Nothing too harsh. Just a little more firm.

Quick reaction steering. Whooooo,, Yea, A LOT BETTER! The car seems to bite into the turns better and lean more controllably

On a scale of 1-10 1 being bad & 10 being the best. The C5 Z shocks were a 6. The C6 Z shocks are a 9!!!

Hell,,,there only $240 for all four BRAND NEW. If you think that you don't like them, you can sell them for $200 easily! I love mine! Performance vrs price = NO BRAINIER!!!!

BC
Bill,

Thanks for the details........but I was looking at changing my C5 Z51
shocks for C6 Z51 shocks.......not Z06 shocks.
Do you think that swap will be worthwhile ?
I have my eyes on a used C6 set that has 14k on them for 1/2 the cost of the Z06 shocks new.

Jim
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
BUGZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
pcbunn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know where you can get graphic data of the various available sport shocks? There is so much subjective information available but no empirical comparsions that i can find. It sure would be helpful if a magazine or somebody could test all the available shocks including OEM on a shock dyno and then make it available to the public.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
ExTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrprich
Bill,

Thanks for the details........but I was looking at changing my C5 Z51
shocks for C6 Z51 shocks.......not Z06 shocks.
Do you think that swap will be worthwhile ?
I have my eyes on a used C6 set that has 14k on them for 1/2 the cost of the Z06 shocks new.

Jim
Same thing

Get notified of new replies

To How much of a difference between C5 Z51 shocks vs C6 Z51 shocks ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much of a difference between C5 Z51 shocks vs C6 Z51 shocks ?