C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Purchase: Exhaust Fascia Overlay!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:39 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default Group Purchase: Exhaust Fascia Overlay!

Only 2-Days left on this special!!!

Hello all, It's time for us to manufacture another run of this product. Being that we have to run a minimum of 125 units, we're offering this "Group Purchase" to lesson our up-front investment cost to the manufacturing plant. We'll do so from now thru September 16th 2009. But don't wait too long ... we're only offering 30 units at this price and they're also listed on an auction site. Also, the first to buy are first to ship. Remember, this GP ends September 16th OR after 30 units have been sold.

Total GP price is $259.95 shipped within the continental U.S. This is the absolute lowest price ever offered on this product, so if you've been on the fence, now's the time to jump over. Shippments to Hawaii, Alaska, Porter Rico, Canada & Mexico are available at $24.95.

You can place your orders now and we'll ship immediately!

Installation instructions can be found on our web site at: http://www.corvette-enhancements.com/facia_install.php

Payment can be sent by PayPal to the address below, or phoned in during business hours to use your Visa or Master Card.
Thank you,
Richard

Exhuast Fascia Overlay by: Corvette-Enhancements

This light-weight (1.5 lbs) self-adhesive overlay is made of .100 ABS plastic that's lightly textured to offer a first class satin-gloss finish. The appearance of this product is far beyond any other black-out fascia options available. It truly looks as though it belongs, and was originally manufactured on the C5 Corvette.

This product was developed for those of us that want the blacked out lower fascia, but don't want to actually paint the area. Of course anybody can buy a $6.00 can of rustolium and have at it, but even the best painters can't offer a finished product that compares to the OEM appearance of our overlay. This will also eliminate the need to search for a qualified painter, as well as eliminating the risk of over spray in undesired areas. It also eliminates to need the repaint the entire fascia should you ever choose to do away with the blacked out area. Best of all, it offers your Vette the much richer look that it deserves!

Our mounting procedure allows this mod to later be removed, resold, and reused in the event of trade-in, etc. Due to the 1/32" foam tape, there will be no chaffing caused to the paint under our overlay. Being that this ABS product is less than 1/8" thick, it will not be affected by exhaust heat (providing your tips are mounted correctly and not touching your fascia). Installation instructions are included in each package and can also be viewed at the following link: http://www.corvette-enhancements.com/facia_install.php

Our mold was formed by using a new OEM mounted rear fascia for measurements. Being that the body panels and their mounting on our C5's are not precision, we have found that no two rear fascias and their mounting are exactly alike. Aging, weathering and heat exposure has also taken it's toll in slight to extreme alteration of our fascias original shape. Therefore our overlay could not be formed to make an exact molded fit on all C5's. However, regardless of whether it’s an exact flush fit or not, the ABS plastic is flexible enough to further form to your existing fascia. We have fitted this product on nearly four hundred C5's and found it to fit even those with warped vent louvers. If you have severely warped vent louvers, this would probably be the best time to correct them with the bumper reinforcements available from the various vendors. If for any reason you find that this product cannot be fitted to your satisfaction, your purchase price will be refunded, minus shipping costs, providing that the product is not damaged and you notify us within 7-days of receipt.

Last edited by C5VetteLS1; 09-15-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Its_Go_Time
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems kinda expensive for basically a plastic cover?? What am I missing?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

i paid 400 plus shipping for mine a year ago and i absolutely love it, well worth it and really looks aggressive on the back of the vette. 400 well spent by me i personally think. wish i could ahve gotten it for 300 shipped. thats a steal honestly

mine is still on as good as when i first put it on. double sided tape works amazingly on it, very good quality part and amazing fitment.

great alternative to those that dont want to paint the bottom part of the fascia. if you ever get sick of the black overlay just take it off and put new double sided tape on it and sell it. a win win situation in my mind
Old 08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm more inclined to go this route when I'm ready for it. very expensive in my opinion but its undoable, which sanding and painting really isn't.

how is the transition between the overlay and the paint though? how much of a lip can you feel? does wax tend to build up there when you wax the car? how about water getting behind it when washing? that could end up damaging the paint underneath? just wondering. might want one of these at some point.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 AM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcgilles
I'm more inclined to go this route when I'm ready for it. very expensive in my opinion but its undoable, which sanding and painting really isn't.

how is the transition between the overlay and the paint though? how much of a lip can you feel? does wax tend to build up there when you wax the car? how about water getting behind it when washing? that could end up damaging the paint underneath? just wondering. might want one of these at some point.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:56 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mcgilles

Originally Posted by vsocks1

Old 08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bonnetts02Vette
i paid 400 plus shipping for mine a year ago and i absolutely love it, well worth it and really looks aggressive on the back of the vette. 400 well spent by me i personally think. wish i could ahve gotten it for 300 shipped. thats a steal honestly

mine is still on as good as when i first put it on. double sided tape works amazingly on it, very good quality part and amazing fitment.

great alternative to those that dont want to paint the bottom part of the fascia. if you ever get sick of the black overlay just take it off and put new double sided tape on it and sell it. a win win situation in my mind
Thanks Brandon, mines still holding strong over 3 years later as well. We're using the same 3M product as GM use on the Body Side Molding. These unit won't be coming off unless we want them off
Richard
Old 09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
torkman15
Racer

Sure seems like they are making a boatload of cash on stuff like this but if you back up and really crunch the numbers they are not. I used to work in an injection molding facility and if you only figure the materials cost and nothing else well you'd be cashing in...overhead and support engineers cost alot.

Very nice piece I'll have one soon...
Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
C5VetteLS1
Melting Slicks

NOTICE: This Group Purchase is over by end of day tomorrow!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM
kg54trains
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Its_Go_Time
Seems kinda expensive for basically a plastic cover?? What am I missing?

great looking piece and the price is good compared to the others but it is just a corvette sin tax that will always cost more.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
08JSBZ
Racer

Would like to see a few more pics of a red z06's with them! I want one but dont need one...If you see where Im coming from

Get notified of new replies

To Group Purchase: Exhaust Fascia Overlay!

Quick Reply: Group Purchase: Exhaust Fascia Overlay!