C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes B0361 & B0363 - Self fix or Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
kedvesh
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default Codes B0361 & B0363 - Self fix or Dealer?

I have the following codes in the computer--

99 - HVAC:
B0361 H - Left Actuator Feedback Short to GND
B0363 H - Left Actuator Feedback Open

I can clear them, but they keep on coming back.

A/C has been a bit schizo on occasion, but seems to work.

So...how to prevent the codes from coming back again and again: self fix or pay the dealer service rate? Can I fix this w/o having to remove the dash?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I was just curious if you took the car to the dealer or solved the problem yourself? Any progress?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:39 PM
kedvesh
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95vettski
I was just curious if you took the car to the dealer or solved the problem yourself? Any progress?
Thanks for your interest!

No progress to report.

The beast has yet to go anywhere except my chosen non-dealer mechanic's shop for a new clutch and other mxs items. Based on some past A/C code issues as well as my mechanic's diagnosis, it sounds like the problem may be a stuck actuator or something like that. (Maybe it's just low refrigerant...who knows?) He rececommended I take the car to the dealer and let them fix it. I'd still like to try and save the dollars and do the work myself. However, if I have to do major surgery, such as removing the dash (something I'd rather not screw up), my local dealer will get the job.

In a related vein, I also have some SCM codes that have been in the computer for a while, but the dealer already said their fix would be to replace the whole assy, at a cost of about $500 for the part (not including labor charges). Per some separate CF guidance, I'm going to inspect and try to fix the unit and connections myself. If that doesn't work, I'm going to get a replacement unit from a CF member or CF-supporting vendor.

Will advise on this thread once I decide on a course of action and know the actual cause related to the A/C codes.

Request continued advice from the CF community on what the codes might mean in the way of work (i.e., does the dash have to come off or not). Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Codes B0361 & B0363 - Self fix or Dealer?

Quick Reply: Codes B0361 & B0363 - Self fix or Dealer?