C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New purchase fluid changes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Ekul61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New purchase fluid changes.

Just bought a 03 coupe with 13k miles. where can i find out what fluids to replace and how to do the service.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

you cant go wrong with oem. mobil 1 5w30, dexcool, etc
owners manual will tell you standards that have to be met but wont mention mobil 1 by name. there are only like 5 or 6 oils that GM has tested that meet the standard they set for your engine. Mobil 1 is what it was filled with from the factory (some argue that the engine was built around that oil specifically). as far as tranny fluid, it depends on whether or not it is a stick or manual. the manual used to require ATF but i read a TSB that called for something different now. I used Amsoil TQD for my manual and Amsoil for the differential but that is just personal choice. you can download the owners manual and it will tell you everything you need and there are multiple write ups on here about how to change everything. just gotta search around.

Quick Reply: New purchase fluid changes.