C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 08:59 PM
mk56fishing
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000vette

my wife's car has sat for 2 years, put a battery in it, changed the oilman I add an octane boost to the gas or do I have to drain it.also and the most important the Cades for the mag ride suspension come up.is there something I can do or does it have to go to a dealer.not in love with going to a dealer.any help will be great full.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:54 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by mk56fishing
my wife's car has sat for 2 years, put a battery in it, changed the oilman I add an octane boost to the gas or do I have to drain it.also and the most important the Cades for the mag ride suspension come up.is there something I can do or does it have to go to a dealer.not in love with going to a dealer.any help will be great full.
I also own a 2000 C5 Vert. DRAIN IT. Use it in your mower, or whatever. You'll have fewer potential problems in the long run. Codes for the F45 mag ride may be something as simple as unplugging, and reconnecting, the plugs/connectors, or perhaps a rodent has chewed a few wires. Letting a car sit for 2 years is never a good thing. If it was working right 2 years ago, chances are it'll be OK. You can display all the codes by pressing the options button in, and holding it there, while pressing, and releasing, the fuel button 4 times. Try clearing the codes, and see if they return. Hope this helps........
Old 07-03-2022, 11:36 AM
mk56fishing
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you tell me where are the connectors are.thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 2000vette

Quick Reply: 2000vette