C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 ZO6 Driver Power Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 07:07 PM
RandolphB
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 2002 ZO6 Driver Power Seat Problem

I've searched the forum and not found anything about my issue so far, so....

Car has been sitting a week, interior is damp/ wet from humidity here in Florida. Two years ago I replaced the Driver's seat power bade with a used one. Today, when I get into car the seat is as far back as it can go. I hit the memory button for "1", and nothing happens. The switch on the seat works fine and moves the seat forward, but it feels weird once in place. I drive to store and park it for 10 minutes. When I come out the seat is again all the way back and the memory does nothing. I move the seat forward and start the car. I decided to sit in the parking space a few moments while it warms up. Without warning, the seat creeps back a half an inch. Pauses a while, then three little bursts backwards. So I sit and wait on it and it gets fairly fai back and goes all the way. Sounds like something is clcking to still give the seat power.

I drive it home by moving the seat forward everytime it moves. After I turn ignition off it goes all the way back, and then rear of seat lifts to it's limits as the other motor kicks in. Still hear clicking, so I disconnected the battery. I'm afraid it got too damp inside and the car is mad yet again from it.

Since the seat switch seems to work fine, anybody else got an idea what might be causing the issue? If I get the seat in place, is there a fuse I can pull to leave it there?

Quick Reply: 2002 ZO6 Driver Power Seat Problem