Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page >

A4 Brake Transmission Shift Lock Control Solenoid Replacement

Notices
C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Brake Transmission Shift Lock Control Solenoid Replacement

Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 AM
bobb1725

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did that correct the problem so far
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM
MadDog_1

Originally Posted by Padrino View Post
You do realize you can just unplug the solenoid and just live with the fact you won't need to hit the brakes before taking it out of park. Seems a bit simpler and cheaper and never have to worry about that part breaking in the future.

Padrino
Hey! This still works in 2013. I do need to hit the brakes to take it out of Park, but the solenoid, per se, is no longer a problem.
MadDog
Old 10-31-2015, 01:49 AM
timK

Default Still need to get it out of park

The picture and write are great. But in order to get the console off, the gear shift lever MUST move our of Park. I tried removing fuse #21 from the footwell fuse box; it did not help. Then I started the engine, pushed down on the brake pedal, pushed on the gear shift release button while pulling back, then turned the steering wheel to the left then to the right, and POP, it finally released and I could move the gear shift freely. I read that trick on another site. It is weird, but it worked.

Thanks again for the post
Tim

Last edited by timK; 10-31-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A4 Brake Transmission Shift Lock Control Solenoid Replacement

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: