C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drilled Rotors vs. Slotted Rotors.... Engineer test..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 09:59 AM
maxG
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Raybestos pads are the best I have run, I have run a lot of different pads and I don't see me moving away from these. The Wilwood H is also a big fav, rumored to be the same as the ST43 from Raybestos. The life is incredible, can't kill them.

My home track is Nola Motorsports Park that has a 3300 ft front straight and a 90 degree right hander at the end of it. I step on the brakes at 140-143 MPH.
I run at a track called the Ridge with some fun elevation changes and interesting braking zones. I get around 140 at the end of our straight but it kinks into a 100mph turn before another braking zone down to 60 shortly there after into an uphill chicane. Have your tried the Ferodo's? I would be interested in your comparison. Im pretty happy with their performance so far but need to measure their wear after my last week. If i dont like these Ill be looking into the raybestos, again because of the continued great things i hear.

http://ridgemotorsportspark.com/

corkscrew @ the ridge having fun with these two.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:18 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by maxG
I run at a track called the Ridge with some fun elevation changes and interesting braking zones. I get around 140 at the end of our straight but it kinks into a 100mph turn before another braking zone down to 60 shortly there after into an uphill chicane. Have your tried the Ferodo's? I would be interested in your comparison. Im pretty happy with their performance so far but need to measure their wear after my last week. If i dont like these Ill be looking into the raybestos, again because of the continued great things i hear.

http://ridgemotorsportspark.com/

corkscrew @ the ridge having fun with these two.
I only ran the Ferodo DS2500 pads when I was an intermediate guy, loved the pads but cost turned me away from that brand.

This car has no brake cooling, only what the factory provided.

The ST47 wear is shockingly good, they wear like stone. Bite is the best I have run.

I have many laps at both these tracks I am about to post vids of.

This is me at NOLA, first time on slicks there and they didnt match. I had Conti on front and Pirelli on rear.

I am on the brakes early into turn one because #1 I was running out of 4th gear and #2 I was teaching myself heel/toe downshifting. This is with ST47 on front and ST43 on rear. I get something stupid like 4-5 weekends out of a set of fronts.

This is at Barber, first time there on slicks, but this time they matched. I was getting more comfortable in the car and was more aggressive with the brakes. I only have 3 weekends on slicks with this car. It has totally stock suspension. Same pad setup.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 07-28-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 10:11 PM
r1concepts_
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before buying your new rotors, know first the difference between Drilled Rotors and Slotted Rotors. Drilled Rotors are designed for everyday use. These rotors contain holes that aid in water escape and are best used in wet and stormy circumstances. Brake dust and other particles are shaved off by slots in Slotted rotors. They are the finest for street performance. Plan ahead and buy replacement parts so you can replace your old brake pads and rotors before they fail.

Quick Reply: Drilled Rotors vs. Slotted Rotors.... Engineer test..