C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I need 99 C5 Memory seat wiring harness illustration

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 PM
rare-72
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, I need 99 C5 Memory seat wiring harness illustration

I removed my drivers seat to replace a broken plastic trim piece on the side and found three wires disconnected from a blue 7 pin connector coming from under the carpet to the seat. the wires connected are on the 4 pin side and are black/purple/black/red. The disconnected wires are from the 3pin side and are orange/pink/orange. I do not know the order the orange/pink/orange wires are installed in the connector. A wiring diagram would really help. TIA
Old 04-17-2010, 12:34 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rare-72
I removed my drivers seat to replace a broken plastic trim piece on the side and found three wires disconnected from a blue 7 pin connector coming from under the carpet to the seat. the wires connected are on the 4 pin side and are black/purple/black/red. The disconnected wires are from the 3pin side and are orange/pink/orange. I do not know the order the orange/pink/orange wires are installed in the connector. A wiring diagram would really help. TIA
Nothing in my service manual about a 7 pin connector.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:13 PM
rare-72
Racer

Originally Posted by lucky131969
Nothing in my service manual about a 7 pin connector.
It is a blue connector with 8 slots but only 7 are used. The other seat connector is black. I matched them up to the harness end from the seat. What I am concerned with is that two wires are orange and do not appear to be marked differently. Does it matter if they go in reversed? Also what kind of tool do I need to push out the metal pins from the connector so I can reattach the wires.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

It is a blue connector with 8 slots but only 7 are used. The other seat connector is black. I matched them up to the harness end from the seat. What I am concerned with is that two wires are orange and do not appear to be marked differently. Does it matter if they go in reversed? Also what kind of tool do I need to push out the metal pins from the connector so I can reattach the wires.
No biggie, but when describing a connector, always refer to the number of total cavities, not the number of wires connected. In any case, the service manual(connector end views), do no show an 8 pin connector. The only thing I could come up with, that matches the wire colors listed, is the lumbar:
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
rare-72
Racer

No biggie, but when describing a connector, always refer to the number of total cavities, not the number of wires connected. In any case, the service manual(connector end views), do no show an 8 pin connector. The only thing I could come up with, that matches the wire colors listed, is the lumbar:
Thanks for the help. I don't adjust the lumbar so I guess that is why I didn't notice the loose wires till I removed the seat. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the pins out to reattach the wires.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Thanks for the help. I don't adjust the lumbar so I guess that is why I didn't notice the loose wires till I removed the seat. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the pins out to reattach the wires.
They are crimped contacts. Depending on the lock style, you may be able to use a small screwdriver to release the lock. You'll need to order new contacts, and have the correct crimping tool to do the repair.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
TurboBerserker
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't find anything like what you describe in the service manual. No 8 pin connectors associated with the seat, no wire colors like you describe. Are you sure these are 99 seats, and not something custom wired (like C6 seats?)

Last edited by TurboBerserker; 04-17-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:54 PM
rare-72
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Can't find anything like what you describe in the service manual. No 9 pin connectors associated with the seat, no wire colors like you describe. Are you sure these are 99 seats, and not something custom wired (like C6 seats?)
Sorry about the poor description. It is a blue 8 pin connector but only 7slots are used. My car is a 99 with memory seat and lumbar. It believe three of the lumbar wires (orange/pink/and orange) are the ones that pulled out. It apears the wires got hung up and pulled out when the seat went to the "easy exit" feature. Can't tell you why my wires are this color but everything appears to be factory from what I can see.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 PM
rare-72
Racer

They are crimped contacts. Depending on the lock style, you may be able to use a small screwdriver to release the lock. You'll need to order new contacts, and have the correct crimping tool to do the repair.
The pins are really small. I tried to release them with a eyeglass repair screwdriver but they have refused to let go. I went to the local auto parts to find a release tool but the ones the had were too large. Do I have to order new contact thru the dealer. I don't have a crimping tool that small. Where can I find smaller ones?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
TurboBerserker
Burning Brakes

Yeah -- sorry about that I fat fingered the 8 pin...

Can you take a picture of the connector (both the male and female side please) and maybe the seat. There are 6 and 10 pin connectors in the manual, but no 8 pins.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
TurboBerserker
Burning Brakes

The pins are really small. I tried to release them with a eyeglass repair screwdriver but they have refused to let go. I went to the local auto parts to find a release tool but the ones the had were too large. Do I have to order new contact thru the dealer. I don't have a crimping tool that small. Where can I find smaller ones?
http://www.mouser.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Help, I need 99 C5 Memory seat wiring harness illustration

Quick Reply: Help, I need 99 C5 Memory seat wiring harness illustration