C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 fuel filter change

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
lakelaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 fuel filter change

Who makes a release tool that acutally works on the filter? I don't want to spend the day doing this because I don't have the right tool. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
rboineau
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This little tip has been mentioned by veteran Forum members, might be worth a try--'tho I haven't done it myself it makes sense.

Almost any of the little release tools, plastic or metal, will work. Make sure you have the right size for your line and then push the filter towards the tool as you attempt to release. It may take some fiddling but should come off as you find the right "touch". Profanity often helps, if all else fails, skin your knuckles or otherwise make a blood sacrifice to the car gods and they will then smile upon you and your task.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
cdnguyred88
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So true...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 AM
j84buick
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to pickup the fuel line disconnect tools from any auto parts chain.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM
lakelaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to give it a go as I changed the sway bars out today. Next project is the filter. Putting a pint of blood in the frig just in case.
Originally Posted by rboineau
This little tip has been mentioned by veteran Forum members, might be worth a try--'tho I haven't done it myself it makes sense.

Almost any of the little release tools, plastic or metal, will work. Make sure you have the right size for your line and then push the filter towards the tool as you attempt to release. It may take some fiddling but should come off as you find the right "touch". Profanity often helps, if all else fails, skin your knuckles or otherwise make a blood sacrifice to the car gods and they will then smile upon you and your task.

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 fuel filter change

Quick Reply: 2000 fuel filter change