C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 12:17 PM
DMan 01'
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the good ideas.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:58 PM
MBVette
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by bjones7131
I replaced my switch by just removing the knee bolster and there is a hole or access under the dash beside ignition switch that U can get your hand up under dash and wiggle the swithch out after you get it loose from the front. Remove the haz button, use a small screw driver to push and pry from the bottom of switch until it is loose and then take big screw driver and whack or bump the top of the switch. This will release the switch and you can reach up under dash through this hole I described and wiggle the switch out. I just unplugged old switch and installed a new one and just left it under the carpet beside the console for easy access next time and put the haz button back into the original switch hole for looks only. I had to wrap several raps of tape around it to get it to stay in the hole. about a 30 minute job, there is a You tube of a guy doing it this way.
I did the same thing, but was able to get the new switch back in. I pushed the new switch back up and took a long needle nose plyers, grabbed it and pulled it into place. Took about 20 minutes total.
The following users liked this post:
JBB (07-21-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 12:22 PM
peteinpa
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

I am having the same issues with the signals not working. I have a hyper flash harness already installed with switchback LEDs
The first thing I did was clean the contacts on the bulbs and the sockets used dielectric grease and reinstalled. Worked for a couple of days and came back.
I have been reading up and it appears that the hyper flash would fix the issue but not so for me.
I have ordered a new hazard switch and harness. I will try that first and leave the switch in an inconspicuous spot to see if that cures the problem. However I am thinking the problem could be the drl sockets. So that will be step 2.
Inspection is due in June so i really need to get this sorted.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:29 PM
mike venth
mike v

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Here is some info that might help. (do a search above)
How to fix your hazard flasher/turn signal problem.... and there is also other info..
mike v
Old 06-03-2018, 05:38 PM
george tonis
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 C6 right turn signal

I have 2006 Corvette C6 for the last two years my turn signals on the right side only works 75% of the time I have changed all bulbs and also check ground wires replaced the turn signal switch I am out of ideas please help
Old 06-03-2018, 06:18 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 778 Likes on 439 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by george tonis
I have 2006 Corvette C6 for the last two years my turn signals on the right side only works 75% of the time I have changed all bulbs and also check ground wires replaced the turn signal switch I am out of ideas please help
Post this in the C6 section, you might get faster and better answers than the C5 crowd since yours is a 2006.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:44 PM
boomer128
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal problem

Thanks to all for your responses.
Rick

Quick Reply: Turn signals not working