C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 01:38 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts
Default 4l60e pressure sensor

has anybody installed a pressure sensor in the trans without removing the exhaust? can it be done?
Old 03-10-2023, 04:49 PM
Corvette Lovers
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I’d contact RPM trans and ask them. They are top notch.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:08 AM
romandian
Drifting

yes it can be done. quîte an ordeal, though. actual work about an hour.

i spend several hours figuring out how to do it, incl. a trip to the tool store. the shifter bracket is very close to the hex of the sensor so no kind of closed type/ratcheting wrench can be used (it will not come out). in the end i found a short 26/21 mm wrench, similar to the ones for an-fittings. i modified it to 22 mm, oiled up the forearm (a trick i remembered from my turbo days) and got it done, pausing three times for the hand to regenerate. i have some bruises now, flexing the muscles is painfull, its so tight. best to get some kid to do it. the other end of the short wrench is essential to hook you fingers into, if you just cut off a regular wrench it will be even harder.

the original plug comes out with a 11mm box wrench o.k. even a 11mm ratcheting wrench would probably work, if you have it.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:38 PM
romandian
Drifting

well, i found out the linkage is hitting the (straight) sensor plug in d1/d2. i pulled up the fuel lines using an existing, portruding screw and pulled up the plug/wire also. in the process the plug broke off but the wires are still connected. i belive i can logg line pressure this way, but its not a permanent installation by any means. how you could connect a manual pressure gage with an addapter and rubber line is beyond me. a 90° male/female elbow might work if screwed in deep enough. but not without removing the exhaust.

so nobody else is measuring line pressure on the c5?

and a related question: how much fluid comes out if you take out the fill/control plug with the engine not running?

Get notified of new replies

To 4l60e pressure sensor

Quick Reply: 4l60e pressure sensor