C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa pace w/x pipe or xtreme w/x pipe

Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM
mxdave91
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corsa pace w/x pipe or xtreme w/x pipe

help me decide. What do you guys like? How much difference in sound? and dont tell me some other brand please. I've narrowed it down to these two. Thanks!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:20 PM
LSGUN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the pace car exhaust system you wont regret it my friend bought the pace system for his 2000 vert with dynatech longtubes and in my opinion it is the best sounding C5 exhaust system I have ever herd I might even purchase them from him because hes going straight piped
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
mxdave91
Instructor

A very intelligent guy at corsa told me that the xtreme is only a couple db's louder than the pace. He said the main difference is the tone. The xtreme has more of a deeper muscle car tone while the pace is higher pitched and more exotic. I personally don't believe the muscle car sound fits the c5z's appearance like it would say a newer camaro or mustang. I think the c5z looks more exotic therefore should sound more exotic. Only problem is that I want quad 4" tips and the biggest the pace comes with is 3.5.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 AM
LSGUN
Advanced

the c5 is americas exotic so it deserves an exotic sound now this may be an expensive thought but theres always the option of cut and weld for the bigger tips not sure but I think the corsa systems are stainless and I have herd that its a little more difficult to weld as opposed to regular steel just a thought though, best of luck
Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mxdave91
A very intelligent guy at corsa told me that the xtreme is only a couple db's louder than the pace. He said the main difference is the tone. The xtreme has more of a deeper muscle car tone while the pace is higher pitched and more exotic. I personally don't believe the muscle car sound fits the c5z's appearance like it would say a newer camaro or mustang. I think the c5z looks more exotic therefore should sound more exotic. Only problem is that I want quad 4" tips and the biggest the pace comes with is 3.5.
Have not actually heard the Extreme system yet, but also talked with the Corsa folks when it came out and response was the same, little louder, and deeper tone than the Pace Car system.

That said, installed both Corsa's Pace Car and x-pipe back in 2000 and have no regrets and no plans to change it. Sounds great.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
mxdave91
Instructor

Sometimes I wish they only made one so then I could decide easier. My c5 is a z06. Do you think the pace and x pipe would be much louder than say factory ti with just x pipe? I don't want it to be unbearably loud but let's face it if I spend 1,200-1,500 I want to hear a difference.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
MAC5
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

Try to find out if there are any local Corvette clubs in your area, saw on your profile you in PA. Contact the clubs from there websites, someone will most likely have some sort of Corsa setup on a C5 that might take you for a spin and listen.

You could also post in the regional forums on this site, someone local might ping you right back with a similar set up close by.

This topics been noodled around the forum for years, but one things been pretty consistent. The Corsa's cut the resonance down in the cabin to a very comfortable level when cruising. Jump on it, and they let you know what you purchased. The Corsa's will get louder if you add headers/cam and if strange things happen to your CAT's. Definitely recommend the x-pipe for either system.

Last edited by MAC5; 03-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
BRTC5
Racer

Originally Posted by LSGUN
Get the pace car exhaust system you wont regret it my friend bought the pace system for his 2000 vert with dynatech longtubes and in my opinion it is the best sounding C5 exhaust system I have ever herd I might even purchase them from him because hes going straight piped
This is the setup i have. With my cam it is loud. you won't be dissapointed.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

help me decide. What do you guys like? How much difference in sound? and dont tell me some other brand please. I've narrowed it down to these two. Thanks!!!
You choose. Loud (Pace) or REALLY Loud (xtreme)?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Sometimes I wish they only made one so then I could decide easier. My c5 is a z06. Do you think the pace and x pipe would be much louder than say factory ti with just x pipe? I don't want it to be unbearably loud but let's face it if I spend 1,200-1,500 I want to hear a difference.
The X pipe will actually make it quieter than it is with out it.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Just Cruise
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard decision. They are both great. Im having a tuff time deciding as well. Flip a coin.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa pace w/x pipe or xtreme w/x pipe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corsa pace w/x pipe or xtreme w/x pipe