C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Removal Proceedure & Pictures to fix Window Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
kmetros
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Window Removal Proceedure & Pictures to fix Window Rattle

I'm trying to fix my window rattle problem on the drivers door. With the door panel off and Bose speaker removed I can clearly see the rubber sleeve has slid off of the metal stud, allowing the window frame support to rattle against the stud. Unfortunately, I am unable to slide the rubber sleeve back down over the stud with the window frame support in place.

I've found old posts with vague instructions and missing pictures on how to remove the glass and then the frame nuts along the top of the door that you can slide the frame support piece up off of the stud, allowing replacement of the rubber sleeve. I'm wondering if someone can post more detailed instructions with pictures, if at all possible.

I also have some other questions, including:

1. What do you need to mark for reference so that when you reinstall the glass the door still seals well.

2. When you remove the glass what position is the window supposed to be in - up, down, middle, etc.

3. What are my chances of having a ton of wind noise when I'm done. Body work isn't necessarily my thing.

4. Has anyone put anything on top of the stud once it's all back together to keep it from sliding back up again - I'm thinking of something like a small hose clamp.

5. I'm assuming there is no way to just remove the stud from the bottom (through access opening), put the rubber sleeve back on and put the stud back? That seems too easy, but I thought I would check. Obviously, it would need to be marked so it goes back in the same place, but other than that is this an option??

Did I mention that pictures would be great!

Kurt
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM
kmetros
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I took a really close look at it and think I have it figured out. I'm taking pictures as I go.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 PM
formularacer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, if you were able to take pictures of the repair please post them. I have the same issue, window rattles when its not up all the way and there is a thud at the bottom when lowered all the way. Any suggestions woul be appreciated!!

Get notified of new replies

To Window Removal Proceedure & Pictures to fix Window Rattle

Quick Reply: Window Removal Proceedure & Pictures to fix Window Rattle