C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Who was the guy who fixes side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 11:33 AM
roymdudley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Who was the guy who fixes side mirrors?

Good Morning!
Roy Dudley here. My 98's driver's side view mirror internal spring mechanism broke and I'd like to send it out for rebuild.

My passenger mirror did the same a couple of years ago and the forum pointed me to a guy in Ohio who would rebuild and ship back at a good price.

Apparently the link to his info isn't on the Corvette forum anymore...Does anyone know how to reach him? Any other vendors out there who will rebuild the "spring/washer" thing that typically breaks and causes this common problem? PLEASE save me from having to go to a dealer!

Hoping to hear from someone!

All the Best - Roy D.

PS. My direct email is roymdudley@comcast.net

Last edited by roymdudley; 07-28-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Here's a link on how to do it yourself. I did mine without any previous experience for less than $5. If you're capable of taking the mirror off to ship it, you can probably do your own fix. The only thing to be aware of is the mirror can break if you don't press in the center.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...de-mirror.html

If you don't feel capable of doing it yourself, look here at Post #4.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...r-problem.html

Good luck and keep us informed on how its going.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 PM
roymdudley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CactusCat Saves the Day!

CactusCat - You nailed it!

The second thread you gave me included Ed Swanek's phone number -- he's the "guy in Ohio" who fixes these mirrors, with one day service, quick turnaround and a 100% success rate and 5 Star ratings.

Ed did my passenger-side mirror about 4 years ago but I lost his contact information -- and have been looking for him since yesterday morning. The Forum comes through again!

Id suggest anyone with a C5 to note Ed's email (swanecke@gmailcom) for the day when your mirrors start to flop.

BTW...here's Ed's Phone number: Give Ed a call 330 727 3188

Ed says "$90 complete 1-day turnaround"

Roy Dudley

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Here's a link on how to do it yourself. I did mine without any previous experience for less than $5. If you're capable of taking the mirror off to ship it, you can probably do your own fix. The only thing to be aware of is the mirror can break if you don't press in the center.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...de-mirror.html

If you don't feel capable of doing it yourself, look here at Post #4.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...r-problem.html

Good luck and keep us informed on how its going.

Last edited by roymdudley; 07-29-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Add correct email information for Ed Swaneck
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

You're very welcome pard!! I've been on the forum here coming on 4 years and I've never met a nicer more helpful bunch of folks, guys and gals too! I just try to do my little bit when I can. Who knows, I may be asking you for some help next time. Thanks for the flowers!

Get notified of new replies

To Help! Who was the guy who fixes side mirrors?

Quick Reply: Help! Who was the guy who fixes side mirrors?