C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is FINALLY running cool

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 PM
WildWolf
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car is FINALLY running cool

I changed the thermostat, water pump, flushed the radiator and tried to clean between the radiator and condenser and it still ran hot.

Finally I took it to the vette doctors . They replaced the radiator and the ac condenser. Now it runs cool with the cold ac blowing on high!

Thank you Vette Doctors!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWolf
I changed the thermostat, water pump, flushed the radiator and tried to clean between the radiator and condenser and it still ran hot.

Finally I took it to the vette doctors . They replaced the radiator and the ac condenser. Now it runs cool with the cold ac blowing on high!

Thank you Vette Doctors!
What did they replace with?????? OEM or aftermarket???? Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Do tell.....was it a new stock radiator or aftermarket, and what does the AC condenser do? Is that strictly for the AC? Mine is starting to loose its cool.....Maybe an AC flush and fill with new refrigerant will do the trick.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:55 PM
WildWolf
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They replaced with brand new OEM. They said that the dirt and debris were entrenched in my radiator and condenser. The ac is ice cold and the car runs super cool. It is 90+ degrees on Long Island today. I had the top down, the ac blasting and car turning 3,000+ rpms most of the day. The car never got above 230.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is the "condenser" part of the radiator unit or part of the AC unit?

I have noticed a drop in "cold" but I simply may need a flush and recharge of refrigerant. Its been a while..... But always good to know these other items as well. My Vette is a 2000, so you never know how much crud is caked up in an 11 year old Vette's radiator.

Get notified of new replies

To Car is FINALLY running cool

Quick Reply: Car is FINALLY running cool