C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel weight marks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
smooth operator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel weight marks

I bought new tires for my car a few months ago and when they removed outer weights from a couple of the wheels there were some ugly marks left on the wheels. These weights had been put on before I bought the car and I always knew they might leave some bad places when they were removed and I was right! On one wheel it looks like it is just surface material left that might be removed but the other wheel looks like the weight actually has eaten into the wheel. Has anyone found a way to clean up this mess on their wheels? And yes I did have stick on weights used on the new balancing.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 PM
m6 c5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know on my wheels it actually ate through the clear coat so the only way to fix mine was to strip the clear coat and polish my wheels but then again mine had some pretty bad pitting on them.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:21 PM
smooth operator
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Posted in wrong section

This should be in the general section. I would move it if I knew how or maybe a moderator has to do that. Anyway, "of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel weight marks

Quick Reply: Wheel weight marks