C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kooks catted vs off road x pipe on 1 3/4' headers - LS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM
NxtLevl007
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kooks catted vs off road x pipe on 1 3/4' headers - LS6

I currently have the kooks 1 3/4' headers and catted x-pipe on my LS6 z06........i've been thinking about moving to the off road x-pipe.....for those of you who have/know these setups how much power should I expect to gain with the offroad pipes and how much more agressive is the sound?

to be completely honest I love the sounds of the LG longtubes with their off road x pipe, but not willing to spend the money to completely change out the entire setup i have .....

thanks guys.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
m6 c5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NxtLevl007
I currently have the kooks 1 3/4' headers and catted x-pipe on my LS6 z06........i've been thinking about moving to the off road x-pipe.....for those of you who have/know these setups how much power should I expect to gain with the offroad pipes and how much more agressive is the sound?

to be completely honest I love the sounds of the LG longtubes with their off road x pipe, but not willing to spend the money to completely change out the entire setup i have .....

thanks guys.
I cant tell you how much more power you will get but I would think the ammount of sound would depend on your mufflers for the most part. I wouldnt think you would gain too much unless you already have a lot of power as the high flow cats dont have much restriction at all. I do love my off road x and z06 ti's though, and it doesnt smell much at all.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 AM
NxtLevl007
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have the stock ti exhaust as well. Thanks for the reply. Prob not worth it to swap it sounds like.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

I switched from 2.5" catted X to Kooks 3" off road X on my H/C motor and gained ~7rwhp, I'd expect less with yours and wouldn't do it for the power increase. It does make it louder even with the TI exhaust as that's what I have as well. Remember though, you also have the raw fuel smell that accompanies no cats too.

Get notified of new replies

To kooks catted vs off road x pipe on 1 3/4' headers - LS6

Quick Reply: kooks catted vs off road x pipe on 1 3/4' headers - LS6