C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake !

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Smoke-N-Shot
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake !

Today's the day that I have been waiting for! My friend is going to let me use his lift at his service station and I will be making the attempt to install the FLP headers with cats, and an LS6 intake all in on shot... Where's my asprins for I better take them now??? :rolleyes: I will report back my findings and wish me luck on both the install, report and my back! :yesnod:
Old 05-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Mag Red Monster
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake ! (Smoke-N-Shot)

:cheers: I did the LS6 intake last week-end and planning on installing some Belanger headers today. :cheers:
Old 05-04-2002, 09:23 AM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake ! (Mag Red Monster)

Good luck and let us know the results.

Old 05-04-2002, 09:27 AM
C54FUN
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'08-'10

Default Re: Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake ! (Smoke-N-Shot)

Know how you feel, did the same mod a couple of weeks ago. Just take your time...the intake is quite easy, just remember to hook up the vacumn lines at the rear of the unit when re-installing. If you don't, it will let you know you have done so. And, of course, don't forget the blocking kit that goes beneath the intake...I actually was getting ready to re-install it without the blocking kit in place...can you imagine. As for the headers, found the drivers side easiest to remove and install (had to loosen alternator for ease of removal). On my '98 had to loosen the starter to install from the bottom. Like any header system, you have to play with getting the old one's out and the new in. The FLP's do fit great and tuck up real tight underneath so you don't give away any ground clearance. Also, would recommend you chase all the threads on the FLP's as mine had some of the coating in them...you don't want to go and break-off any bolts. After it is all done, you will notice a benefit in performance and the sound with the CATS is deeper. My dyno runs after the install reflected a 18 RWHP (334)and 18-20 RWT(344) gain. Thought this was good for a lightly modded C5. Good luck....let us know how you make out!

Joe

[Modified by C54FUN, 7:29 AM 5/4/2002]

[Modified by C54FUN, 7:30 AM 5/4/2002]
Old 05-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Smoke-N-Shot
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Update.... Job is complete, extremely satisfied with the results and I will have a complete update after I take care of the "Honey List" "Honey do this, honey do that"... :lol:

Nick
God Bless America :flag
Old 05-05-2002, 09:43 PM
C54FUN
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'08-'10

Man, have I a huge backlog of "honey do's." She' a great gal and patient when it comes to the C5. Glad things went well for you. Look forward to the results.
Joe
Old 05-05-2002, 10:00 PM
C5Noir
Safety Car

FLP's rock :). I loved the increase from the LS6 intake also :smash:
Old 05-05-2002, 10:19 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake ! (C5Noir)

Oh how sweet it is to mod!
:cheers: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake !

Quick Reply: Big Upgrades Today>>> Installing FLP Headers & LS6 Intake !