C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLeod RST experiences/ opinions

Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM
IBSR z06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod RST experiences/ opinions

I am going to need a clutch for my 03 z06, and after doing some searching I am leaning toward the McLeod RST. My car is my daily and I put about 15k miles a year on it. So streetability is def a concern, The car has an airbox, LTs, full exhaust and a tune, but the car has a 100 shot on it that I haven't used yet due to the clutch. The car will see about 20 passes a yr at the track (with a DR on it) and the occasional spirited driving. I am a realist so if I have to live with a little chatter/ noise to have a clutch that will last thousands of miles and hold while using the nitrous I am ok with that.

It seemed like most reviews were done shortly after install, so I am looking for people who have used the RST for several thousand miles and how it held up. Also what flywheel did you use? Did you reuse the installed flywheel, replace the flywheel with a stock replacement, or other? Did you use factory hydraulics, or did you use an adjustable master? Is there anything else that I should replace while doing the clutch? Finally if you had to do it again would you get the RST, or do anything else different?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

I would recommend the RXT for drag racing. The material is better suited for it. Both the RST and RXT have excellent driveability. A new steel flywheel, adjustable master, slave cylinder, pilot bearing, and bleeder are optional, but definitely recommended.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 PM
IBSR z06
Intermediate

Thanks for the response. Will a factory ls6 slave work or is there a better aftermarket one available?

Anyone can to share there experience with either the RST or RXT?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
r.hillenbrand
******RETIRED ARMY******
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

DRM Slave with external bleeder, got mine from there and love it. They also do a little work on it for better flow..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
FRiCK916
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone else care to elaborate on the rxt in day to day driving?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Jims Z06
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

I have the RST, and love it. Great pedal feel and bite.
LS6. A&A Si-trim 599rwhp, 485 rwtq

Get notified of new replies

To McLeod RST experiences/ opinions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLeod RST experiences/ opinions