C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey guys, need help with rear brake line routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
98Redbird
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hey guys, need help with rear brake line routing

I'm getting this thing put back together, and I cannot, for the life of me remember how the routing for the brake lines in the rear goes. I had taken pictures when it came apart but due to an unfortunate incident I lost all the photos on that mem card...

So I have them coming over the rear diff and then I'm lost. I see where the clip leading to the caliper goes, but I'm totally lost on the lines. I want to make sure they are routed correctly. Was hoping maybe some of you guys had pictures or a diagram of the correct routing.

Also, maybe if you guys had a diagram/picture of the wiring to each wheelwell and the E-Brake routing??

Thanks a ton guys! This is driving me nuts lol
Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM
k24556
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 171 Posts

Default brake lines

PM sent. The rear lines are mounted in the driveline tunnel and come out to a hard connection above the transmission. From there they go to the rear about a foot, then down to the aluminum cross member There are two plastic clips that hold each line to the crossmember. These lines have to be connected to the lines in the driveline tunnel before the transaxle is put back in place. These two lines can be moved to drop the transaxle or put it in. AS they come down to the cross member they route to the front and then go to a hangar on the frame where the flex line connects that goes to the caliper.

The E brake cables are routed from above the trans axle, near the brake line connection and wrap around behind the transaxle. They are in a long sweeping curve. You should not have to move these to drop or install the transaxle, but they do have to be disconnected from the e-brake shoes and hanging loose until you re assemble the e brake connection.

The electrical harness is for the wheels sensors is in the bundle that is about 1 1/4 inch diameter and is on the top right side of the transaxle, there are two clips that hold this bundle to the diff. Going forward, the wires go into a rectuagular plastic conduit that is in clips along the drive line tube. One clip at the rear is a slide on that slides over one of the ribs just above the RR drive line. The other is a round snap clip at the back of the diff. From there the wires route down and along the crossmember. When they get to the suspension swing arm, they route along the e-brake cables and connect.

That may not be 100% but it is close.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

redbird, behind diff, along xmember, UNDER axle, to bracket on frame

I leave the calipers and brake lines in the car on any clutch/trans/diff/TT swap

above info is asl
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
98Redbird
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much guys!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:12 PM
rch6753
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake line routing

Originally Posted by 98Redbird
I'm getting this thing put back together, and I cannot, for the life of me remember how the routing for the brake lines in the rear goes. I had taken pictures when it came apart but due to an unfortunate incident I lost all the photos on that mem card...

So I have them coming over the rear diff and then I'm lost. I see where the clip leading to the caliper goes, but I'm totally lost on the lines. I want to make sure they are routed correctly. Was hoping maybe some of you guys had pictures or a diagram of the correct routing.

Also, maybe if you guys had a diagram/picture of the wiring to each wheelwell and the E-Brake routing??

Thanks a ton guys! This is driving me nuts lol
I know its an old thread but I am in the same boat. Any help with some pics or diagram?

Get notified of new replies

To Hey guys, need help with rear brake line routing

Quick Reply: Hey guys, need help with rear brake line routing