C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Front Turn Signal Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Bkindred
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Front Turn Signal Replacement

How do I change the right front turn signal bulb on a 2004?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 AM
dlind4
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Open the hood. Raise your headlights. Unscrew the front hood stop. (makes it easier to reach your arm in) Then you can reach the socket, twist off and replace the bad bulb. I had one burn out and did it this way.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:36 AM
1986coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can also access it from below. Remove the panel on the bottom in front of the tire then reach up to get it.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 AM
soggysailor
Pro

Easiest way is through the brake cooling duct on the front of the bumper. Reach into it with your hand and push the accordion duct back and off. Now you'll be able to get your hand into that duct opening and release the bulb from the light housing. The cable is long enough to pull the socket with the bulb back out the front of that duct opening. Change out your bulb and reverse the process to install. It take all of a few minutes to fix the bulb this way. I have rather large hands and I have no issues doing this.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 AM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by sogysailor
Easiest way is through the brake cooling duct on the front of the bumper. Reach into it with your hand and push the accordion duct back and off. Now you'll be able to get your hand into that duct opening and release the bulb from the light housing. The cable is long enough to pull the socket with the bulb back out the front of that duct opening. Change out your bulb and reverse the process to install. It take all of a few minutes to fix the bulb this way. I have rather large hands and I have no issues doing this.

Originally Posted by dlind4
Open the hood. Raise your headlights. Unscrew the front hood stop. (makes it easier to reach your arm in) Then you can reach the socket, twist off and replace the bad bulb. I had one burn out and did it this way.
Just be careful on this method. Most people will turn on the headlights then roll them back to parking lights which leaves the headlights off but up. HOWEVER after several minutes they will go back down. Don't get pinched doing this. Either leave the lights on or disconnect the battery.

Easiest is the cooling duct method.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Bkindred
2nd Gear

Thanks to all for your quick and good advice.

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Front Turn Signal Replacement

Quick Reply: 2004 Front Turn Signal Replacement