C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose window when up

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:53 AM
ChromeC5
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Loose window when up

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 coupe. When the windows are in the fully up position and the door is open, they can be moved side to side about three quarters of an inch. I was told this is very loose and that I have to replace some bushings.

Anybody have experience with this? What do I have to replace? Do I just need to adjust the windows?

THANKS!!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
masksqueeze
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeC5
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 coupe. When the windows are in the fully up position and the door is open, they can be moved side to side about three quarters of an inch. I was told this is very loose and that I have to replace some bushings.

Anybody have experience with this? What do I have to replace? Do I just need to adjust the windows?

THANKS!!!!!
Pull the door panels off, check the stops and window mounting hardware for loose bolts.

I've owned several C5's, the door windows in these things take a lot of abuse from being slammed up against the roof seal.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
ChromeC5
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah! That makes sense. It will be nice to have tight windows again to be able to properly adjust them to reduce the wind noise.

I will check this weekend. The next person that closes the door by the window better watch out!

Get notified of new replies

To Loose window when up

Quick Reply: Loose window when up