C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What settings on PFADT SA coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:05 PM
MStrahan
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What settings on PFADT SA coil overs

I just got finished installing my PFADT coil overs and I'm curious about what settings you guys that have them are running on the street. The recommended settings are a little bouncy for my tastes. Those settings are 20 clicks on the fronts and 14 clicks on the rears.
I was running C6Z shocks, stock leaf spring and sways on my 04Z so I was used to a fairly firm ride. Now when I go over bumps it sends the front and back end bouncing.

I've still got some height adjustments that I need to make before I get it aligned, but it's already dropped 3/4" and is looking so much better than the stock 4x4 look.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Part of the key to these coilovers is their adjustable dampers. If the ride isn't quite to your liking and you want to make them a little stiffer they're just a click away. Given their adjustment range is pretty fine between each click of adjustment you may want to make some broad changes to narrow down exactly where you want the ride quality to be. Jump up 5 clicks or so stiffer in both the front and rear and see where that leaves you. If it feels better but not quite there yet jump up another 5. Keep moving stiffer until you feel it's a little too stiff, then back them down 2 or 3 adjustments and that should get you really close to exactly where you want to be.

Let us know if you have any other questions! Glad you already like the aggressive ride height!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
MStrahan
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another question along with the first question that I had. When I lower the car a bit more will that "stiffen" the ride any more. In other words, if the dampening settings are left alone will the ride height adjustment make the ride more stiff?
I guess I can just play around with it for a few weeks, but I'd love to shorten the learning curve if I can.

Get notified of new replies

To What settings on PFADT SA coil overs

Quick Reply: What settings on PFADT SA coil overs