C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed a bent valve, and painted my FAST 102. Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Na4now
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed a bent valve, and painted my FAST 102. Pics inside!

I bought this car a couple months ago. While putting around town, the engine developed a dead miss. Turned out to be a bent intake valve, caused from a broken valve spring.

While I was at it, I painted my intake manifold, installed some FAST fuel rails w/ some black braided hose and fittings, installed a Tick clutch master, ....and bought a Racetronix fuel pump (still need to install it), installed a Vararam elbow w/ a Halltech filter, and replaced my Borla stingers with a B&B bullet cat back.

While I was at it, I went ahead and got all new Ls7 lifters, and a new set of Comp dual springs.

Now its back together. If I can only get the bugs figured out,... I can go get it dyno tuned. Woot! I'll be ready to break stuff!

Intake ports look pretty nice!

I need to take a pic of everything buttoned up. She should run well, once properly tuned.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Info on the build?? You obviously have a 4.00+ bore to be running L92/LS3 heads.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
About2Bite
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you know what valve spings those are and how long they were in the car?

Definitely an interesting route to go on the intake paint scheme.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Na4now
Racer

I was wondering who'd catch that. The engine is a Ls3, that was in a 2010 Camaro. The car is a 97 six speed coupe, with 73k on the clock.

I bought it pretty much like it is. Put the same valve springs back in, and cleaned up some mess in the engine wire harness.

I have no idea how many miles the valve springs went, before the one broke. I know that the camaro the engine came from, was raced a good bit,....and then it was run pretty good for a couple months after the swap, before I acquired it.

The heads are obviously ported, has a 227/239 .614 .624 115+3 cam, ls7 lifters, Comp 7.4" pushrods, Comp .675" (26926) springs with steel retainers, FAST 102, ported Ls2 tb, 1.75" Doug Rippie headers.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM
All_Motor_C5LS6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Na4now
I bought this car a couple months ago. While putting around town, the engine developed a dead miss. Turned out to be a bent intake valve, caused from a broken valve spring.

While I was at it, I painted my intake manifold, installed some FAST fuel rails w/ some black braided hose and fittings, installed a Tick clutch master, ....and bought a Racetronix fuel pump (still need to install it), installed a Vararam elbow w/ a Halltech filter, and replaced my Borla stingers with a B&B bullet cat back.

While I was at it, I went ahead and got all new Ls7 lifters, and a new set of Comp dual springs.

Now its back together. If I can only get the bugs figured out,... I can go get it dyno tuned. Woot! I'll be ready to break stuff!

Intake ports look pretty nice!

I need to take a pic of everything buttoned up. She should run well, once properly tuned.
What valve springs are those? how many miles did they have on them?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Na4now
Racer

Originally Posted by All_Motor_C5LS6
What valve springs are those? how many miles did they have on them?

If you look one post above you,..I answered that. Unknown miles, comp 26926.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Na4now
Racer

Anyone like my manifold?

I think it turned out pretty neat. The stock gray plastic is dull and almost chalky.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:54 AM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I dig the manifold. Very cool.

What kinda numbers do you expect to be putting down?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Na4now
Racer

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
I dig the manifold. Very cool.

What kinda numbers do you expect to be putting down?

Im guessing somewhere around 475-500whp.

My cam, and with full exhaust, others make around 460whp. Im hoping the ported heads and fast 102 is good for 30, or so, ponies.

Im also changing from my stock 75mm maf, to a later model 85mm maf with a 1/8" cell, screen. I already have it ready to be installed, before I roll it on the dyno for tuning. But, ....now Im thinking about switching to a ls3 card style maf, in a 90mm housing (same as my ls2 tb).

I cant wait to have it tip top, and tuned right. She should really roll out.

Get notified of new replies

To Fixed a bent valve, and painted my FAST 102. Pics inside!

Quick Reply: Fixed a bent valve, and painted my FAST 102. Pics inside!