C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XSPower Longtube headers feedback

Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 PM
hak
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XSPower Longtube headers feedback

Is anyone using the XSPower Longtube headers? I am looking for some info on quality, fit and the amount of additional hp they produce. How long have you had them?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
tim32311
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

I've had my XSPower headers for a few months now. Installation was simple enough with the instructions provided. Helps to have a lift. Quality is excellent and I've had no heat issues from the headers. I got the hi flow cats as well. I still need to get a tune to maximize performance but they sure increased the seat of the pants feel and sounds great with z06 catback.

Tim
PS Great customer service from vendor SUPERMAN
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by hak
Is anyone using the XSPower Longtube headers? I am looking for some info on quality, fit and the amount of additional hp they produce. How long have you had them?

Thanks
Do a quick search on here and you will find HUNDREDS of very happy and satisfied forum members running these headers! If you have any specific questions on the system, let me know! Otherwise, you can view everything right on our website here: http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com

Jon
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tim32311
I've had my XSPower headers for a few months now. Installation was simple enough with the instructions provided. Helps to have a lift. Quality is excellent and I've had no heat issues from the headers. I got the hi flow cats as well. I still need to get a tune to maximize performance but they sure increased the seat of the pants feel and sounds great with z06 catback.

Tim
PS Great customer service from vendor SUPERMAN
Thanks for the nice review and kind words, I really appreciate it!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM
hak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Superman09
Do a quick search on here and you will find HUNDREDS of very happy and satisfied forum members running these headers! If you have any specific questions on the system, let me know! Otherwise, you can view everything right on our website here: http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com

Jon
I did the search you suggested and found many satisfied customers. I could not find any before and after hp/tq date.
I noted that several people purchased their headers from you on sale...do you plan to have any Christmas sales?

Thanks
Howard
Old 12-24-2012, 02:29 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hak
I did the search you suggested and found many satisfied customers. I could not find any before and after hp/tq date.
I noted that several people purchased their headers from you on sale...do you plan to have any Christmas sales?

Thanks
Howard
Generally most see between 15-30 rwhp and 20-40 rwtq gains which are not inflated, but realistic customer gains! Also, many see much larger gains at lower RPMs. For example at 4500 rpms, some have seen gains near 50 !

Use coupon code: 25for2012 at checkout to receive $25 off your order

Thanks!
Jon
Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM
didntdoit11
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Jon
is a great guy and stands behind everything he sells,,Great products

Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2012, 03:29 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by didntdoit11
Jon
is a great guy and stands behind everything he sells,,Great products

Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM
XXXLTRP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hak

Thanks
Originally Posted by hak

Thanks
Howard

My car was back on the dyno recently. I've had the headers on for quite some time now, maybe the first run of them that Jon sold on here. I did a bunch of research on his spec's and all the other big names, I went with his...

Old 319. 7hp and 321.8

New 337.7hp and 347.9 tq

That's +18hp and +26tq.

My car is a 99 FRC. The only changes between those numbers were the headers/ high flow cats and a LS6 manifold.

Totals mods (excluding suspension)..haltech CAI, these headers w/ high flow cats, Borla stingers, LS6 manifold, 160 thermostat

It still has the Ls1 injectors, and has yet to be tuned.

Last edited by XXXLTRP; 12-24-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:22 AM
A.R. Shale Targa
Instructor

Pre dyno #s w/BBK shorty headers, 4 cats, & Corsa X w/axle back and
small cam were 365/344.....1/4 mile speed was 116.7....after XS Power
w/3" hi-flo cats and still no retune...speed was up to 119.85....has to
be at least 15-20 rwhp/tq....same weather conditions @ both track d8z

Get notified of new replies

To XSPower Longtube headers feedback

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XSPower Longtube headers feedback