C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help ! power steering stops working hi rpm's :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Help ! power steering stops working hi rpm's :(

Howdy,

I had to disconnect my power steering to replace my harmonic balancer. Did the bleed routine. jacked up the car turned wheel side to side full lock 20 times, turned on the car, did it again. drove it one session, wored ok until i did a hi rpm downshift to get ready to come out of a turn, not horribly hi like 4500-5000 rpm

Then the ower steering quits. like it is sucking in air I jacked it front again turn wheel 25 times both ways lock to lock, started engine turned wheel lock to lock, then did it again with engine off. Bubbles would get less and less until there are not showing up anymore in the reservoir. Went out again worked good for 5 laps then happened again

I read on other forums you can get a leak in the intake hose. causing the pump to suck air

any truth to that or do i just have GOBS air in my power steering system? Or do I need a vacuum on the reservoir???

any ideas greatly appreciated !
Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I am having the same issue with mine... will try turning it like you did.

Quick Reply: Help ! power steering stops working hi rpm's :(