C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyperflash resisters: You got em'? Like em'?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hyperflash resisters: You got em'? Like em'?

Where and how did you install them? I did some searching but the threads were old and the pics they posted weren't good anymore.
I have JW clearcorners and halos. Haven't installed the headlights yet. 01' Z

I appreciate the help!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 PM
tentuna
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Where and how did you install them? I did some searching but the threads were old and the pics they posted weren't good anymore.
I have JW clearcorners and halos. Haven't installed the headlights yet. 01' Z

I appreciate the help!
Why use the hyper flash resistors, just use a low impedance flasher, there is a pre-made harness you plug in for ~$60 or do a search in the tech section fro hyper flash flasher and it will cost you ~$10 for the socket and flasher at any replacement parts retailer.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

I bypassed the flasher myself. Costs about $10.

Many of the resistors come with those little quick lock connectors that stab through the wire insulation. Completely the wrong product to use on the exterior of a car. You can use them but I never will. Everything on the exterior of my car is weather sealed so it's reliable.

Others complain about the resistors failing, which means you get to keep replacing them. Likely because the front turn signals double as the DRL lights and the resistors are powered all the time and they're not sized for continuous duty.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
callie454
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Many of the resistors come with those little quick lock connectors that stab through the wire insulation. Completely the wrong product to use on the exterior of a car. You can use them but I never will. Everything on the exterior of my car is weather sealed so it's reliable.

Others complain about the resistors failing, which means you get to keep replacing them. Likely because the front turn signals double as the DRL lights and the resistors are powered all the time and they're not sized for continuous duty.

With the constant duty, these babies run hot at all times. Hot enough to melt anything they come in contact with. Do yourself a favor and install the hyperflash harness, or go the DIY route.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

I like my hyper flash harness. I thought about making my own, but decided to pay the cash. Wasn't a big cost, by the time I gathered the parts, assembled it and put a moderate value on my time I would have had more in it than what I paid.

Get notified of new replies

To Hyperflash resisters: You got em'? Like em'?

Quick Reply: Hyperflash resisters: You got em'? Like em'?