C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaded check gauges low fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 PM
miwitte
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dreaded check gauges low fuel.

so was up in Cherokee NC on way to Knoxville and out of the blue got the check gauges fuel was sitting below E. I knew I had only gone 150 miles so I wasnt empty but got gas to see if it was a dead spot or corrosion and it came back to full. I put some Techtron in as its the recommended solution correct? Willl put another bottle in for ride home. Had lots of fun on the switchbacks but me thinks I need a shock and swaybar upgrade...
Old 08-05-2013, 11:20 PM
miwitte
Racer

oh and I need to change my Avatar I have a 2002 M6 coupe now not the Z. Boy I miss her!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
JetMechZ16
Race Director

Received 146 Likes on 30 Posts

Some people say they have had good luck using Techron for similiar problems. On mine it hasn't helped, but my problem is not too irritating. Mine does it only after I fill it up and then goes back to normal after I burn about 1 gallon of gas. So I can live with it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Mr. Jones
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I use Techron about once a year and never had the gage problem until last week (2003 with 57,000 miles) Chevron gas this time. I filled the car and within 10 miles the gage dropped to E.
I tried some BG 44K and the gage came back after two short drives.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 PM
miwitte
Racer

So I was looking at another thread, and this can also be indicative of the jet pump failure/blockage as well. Hopefully the ride home goes ok. Gonna put another bottle in on my fillup.

Get notified of new replies

To Dreaded check gauges low fuel.

Quick Reply: Dreaded check gauges low fuel.