C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(C5 Restoration) Remove/clean/paint your door speaker grills, ONE HOUR, $5...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default (C5 Restoration) Remove/clean/paint your door speaker grills, ONE HOUR, $5...........

I see a lot of C5 speaker grills with some pretty bad foot scuffs or some minor rust/corrosion. It really makes the interior look 'rough'.

The fix:

1. Remove door panels,
x2 T30 Torx screws under pull handle trim
remove door latch handle trim
using door trim removal tool, pry panel from door at x7 retainer pin points

2. Remove speaker grill (Bose/non Bose)
You'll see the speaker panel secured with 8 tabs bent over that fit into slits of the door trim panel
Remove the black fabric along w/ Bose emblem from speaker grill

3. Paint
I use Krylon Fusion 'satin black', you'll want to do a coat or two, spraying it on very lightly as a 18" plus distance, it's easy to clog of the holes of the grill with paint

Very basic "how to", but I think most of you will get the idea, if there are any questions, please post
The following users liked this post:
oktx (12-18-2022)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 AM
jose7740
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I am new to the forum and just happened to see this, well I bought my 98 just three weeks ago and one thing it needed was fixing the door panels and of course painting the speaker grilles, just did them today and used a new paint from Krylon (Dual) in gold color and they came out beautiful, will post pictures when the work is completed

Quick Reply: (C5 Restoration) Remove/clean/paint your door speaker grills, ONE HOUR, $5...........