C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new project! build thread/for sale/items wanted etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Gaspo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new project! build thread/for sale/items wanted etc

I've been out of the car scene for about 8 months now and its time to get back in. my last quick car was a turbo 99 camaro ss with a forged 5.3 bored to a 5.7, built t56, suspension etc. then i got a 93 FD rx7 with a 402 stroker.

Last night i bought my first corvette. its a black 1997 coupe. i bought it from my friend. he bought the car in maryland with a stock ls1 and a d1 pro charger. the ls1 blew up and he put a 6l in it. he had me do an ls3 top end swap along with a blower cam. ran that a bit and then wanted to go turbo. he sold the engine and the blower kit and the car has just been sitting. i picked it up for a good price and have some big plans for it!

This thread will be a project thread, question thread, parts for sale and parts wanted thread. hopefully alot of you will check it out and maybe we can help each other. there are some things i need to learn about c5's so i'm sure i'll have a lot of questions.

my goals for the car is to be a decent daily driver (would like to keep AC) it will be quick in a straight line (800rwhp is my goal) and can take corners well. i'll be taking it to a few semi local road courses.

parts wanted:
single or twin turbo kit
80lb injectors
ls6 style fuel rail (i have ls3 rail for trade)
ls1 style coil brackets. (i have ls3 coil brackets for trade)

parts for sale:
ls3 fuel rail
c5 wagon wheels powder coated black, great tread on fronts, bald tires on rears
i'd love to trade interiors with someone. this has the burgandy interior and i'd like black!! or the brighter red interior

Questions! how much power can the stock c5 trans/rear/cv shafts handle? whats the best bang for my buck on brake upgrades and suspesions? c6 z06? thanks!!!
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Parts for sale and parts wanted to buy should be posted in the C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted forum. Asking prices need to be posted with the parts for sale.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

The power the stock drivetrain will hold is relative. if you have a manual + drag radials, not so much. The first thing you should get for the drivetrain is an ECS diff/trans brace. That, along with siffer diff/engine mounts, will do wonders for your drivetrain's power holding ability. You never said what trans you are going to be using....
Old 06-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Gaspo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
The power the stock drivetrain will hold is relative. if you have a manual + drag radials, not so much. The first thing you should get for the drivetrain is an ECS diff/trans brace. That, along with siffer diff/engine mounts, will do wonders for your drivetrain's power holding ability. You never said what trans you are going to be using....
its got the stock t56 in it right now with a dual fricition centerforce clutch. i have 315/45/17 et streets that i had on my camaro on it on ZR1's. what motor mounts should i go with? i've always done solid motor mounts and stock trans mounts on my fbodys. but like i said, i'm new to the corvette game.

Get notified of new replies

To new project! build thread/for sale/items wanted etc

Quick Reply: new project! build thread/for sale/items wanted etc