C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I raise a stuck window using just the electrcal connections on the motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 AM
tonydicosta
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I raise a stuck window using just the electrcal connections on the motor?

Hi guys. I know there are a ton of posts on window problems but I believe my window motor is good and I have another problem but I just need to get the window up on my 2002 C5 for now until I find the real problem.

Can I run a jumper wire to the motor to power it up? If so, how? Are the wires accessible and identifiable, for instance?

Note: Window was working fine until all functions of the driver's side (only) switch ceased working; mirrors, locks, passenger window, etc. I did all the usual fixes that worked in the past, cleaned door-body harness contacts, grounds, and replaced the switch, all to no avail. Now I just need to get the window up somehow. Car is my only driver and I live in Florida and it is rainy season!

I am open to suggestion as to what else to try, but just want to get that window up for now.

Thank you all.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:35 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

There are only 2 wires going to the motor. The module powers it up or down by changing the polarity to the motor. By jumpering the motor it will rotate if it is good. This is one way to diagnosis whether a motor is good or not.

Not at home with my FSM to tell you which way to put + or - on the wires. However, you really can't screw it up. Just try jumpering it and it does not go up then just reverse the hookup.

Hope it is not the regulator.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Tyler Dirden
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI - I had the same issue just pop up. I pulled apart quite a bit of stuff before I decided to turn the key on, pull the accordion cover back and wiggle the wires while pressing the lock button. Sure enough, that was it.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 AM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Do posts 3,4 and 2 in that order. If the motor is good, post 2 will get the window up for you until you get it resolved.

Get notified of new replies

To How can I raise a stuck window using just the electrcal connections on the motor?

Quick Reply: How can I raise a stuck window using just the electrcal connections on the motor?