C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New stereo-LOUD popping noise!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Elovette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stereo-LOUD popping noise!

I had an auto electronics installer put a stereo in. Now, it "POPS" in between stereo stations and when I switch sources. The installer says it is because it is a Bose system and each speaker has its own amp. (True?) They are not used to working on Vettes... but he says he can route around them, but then I would lose rear bass....not thrilled, obviously. Ideas?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What all was installed (incl the deck, harnesses ect..).. Bose does have amps for each speaker but i dont think that is the issue. plenty of guys run aftermarket stereo's with stock bose speakers and no issues.

Might contact Dennis at "DD Mods" and see if he has any input.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 PM
88redconvert
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Elovette
I had an auto electronics installer put a stereo in. Now, it "POPS" in between stereo stations and when I switch sources. The installer says it is because it is a Bose system and each speaker has its own amp. (True?) They are not used to working on Vettes... but he says he can route around them, but then I would lose rear bass....not thrilled, obviously. Ideas?
I think there is whats called an "interface" that has to be installed to get a non bose stereo to work in a bose system.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:52 PM
78GEN3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Makes me wonder what method they used for turning the BOSE amp ON/OFF

Get notified of new replies

To New stereo-LOUD popping noise!

Quick Reply: New stereo-LOUD popping noise!